Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re the meet up, book thingy mabob
5 January 2012, 22:16, (This post was last modified: 5 January 2012, 22:30 by mikebratcher69.)
Re the meet up, book thingy mabob
when Kenneth said about not trusting people it got me thinking, now whilst we are for the majority pefectly law abiding model citizens, you know how people view us. Should plod get the wrong Idea we all know what they're like, they would'nt think twice about raiding and confiscating all the gear we bring to the meet. Now of course all is above board and legal but you would'nt get your gear back for months till they'd examined (broken) it all. And they dont use proper staorage facilities, so it'd definatly come back damp, wet and any electronics broken, if it does'nt get nicked from storage first. So whilst I'm more than happy to meet and greet fellow preppers, I dont think I'll bring any kit as being short of cash as I am, I could'nt afford to replace it quickly.Big Grin
Like I said before in another post, I've met some loverly boys in blue in the past, but there does seem to be a large jobs worth element about also, and I'm sure that'd be the type to crash our get together if it did get crashed.
And also about the badges, if your thinking of getting them made, I dont mind putting too for a sew on design, as well as a pin on type because I know I'd lose a pin on one, probably just before a shtf scenario....Tongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
6 January 2012, 12:10,
RE: Re the meet up, book thingy mabob
I doubt they would be interested in this. It's one of the reasons I want it to be low key. A first meet with minimal risk. Anything contentious is not part of this meet. I for one am being very wary here and I won't be bringing anything that will cause issues for me. I suggest you do the same.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 January 2012, 12:22,
I'm bringing my laptop, a couple of usb storage flash drives, and that is it. Oh, and myself of course. My EDC is staying in the car, as is my GHB.
6 January 2012, 12:35,
I was/am wary of how people would see a gathering of guys and gals with backpacks, looking furtive...
Dont want confusing with the white al qaeda cells now do we, thats liable to get a visit from mr smith and mrs wesson... at .38cal street...
6 January 2012, 12:39, (This post was last modified: 6 January 2012, 12:40 by Scythe13.)
What about doing it as a camping and survival book review class? Nobody brings kit! Only laptops and the alike. That would be okay. The library could advertise it, and as long as everybody doesn't come in dressed like an urban ninja, khaki or camo trousers and all that, we should be fine.
I'm actually taking Ray Mears 'Essential Bushcraft' on my weekend camping trip this weekend. So I'll stand up and give a fair review of that.
6 January 2012, 12:41,
Thinking long those lines myself... no cammo etc.. i'd like to go home without a perforated head courtesy of the metropoloitan police....Tongue
6 January 2012, 12:41,
Just book it as a venture travel club, or something similar and equally innocent, Heck we all use the same clothing and gear as Hiking clubs, felwalking clubs, venture travel clubs etc.

6 January 2012, 12:42,
After all it only takes one idiot to get the wrong idea, phone the copers and were getting a visit library or notSad
6 January 2012, 12:42,
The cops can be their for all I care we are not doing anything wrong or illegal

6 January 2012, 12:43,
I'm sure SD will come up with something creative, survivalist knitting club, preppers sewing circle...Big Grin