Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Members
2 November 2014, 17:00,
New Members
Just noticed that there have been no new members introducing themselves since April.

Is it a case that there have not been any new members, or are they just not saying hello.....
2 November 2014, 17:33,
RE: New Members
cant say I'm surprised, its a fad to most, here today and gone tomorrow, lot of people been on here and other forums who are no longer around, they move on to other places, other stuff, its just a hobby to most, very few stay for the whole journey.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 November 2014, 17:36,
there is another way of looking at it....people might be gleaning enough info without feeling the need to reveal themselves....the site is chockfull of good stuff....most subjects have been done and re done....I think I may have lurked rather than joined in if I was starting now.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 November 2014, 17:43,
The reason I raised it, is as I know on some other prepping sites, they have been over run by new members signing up, most driven by concerns about IS and Ebola.
2 November 2014, 17:45,
may also be down to the site issues and there being no main site for a while.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 November 2014, 18:15,
Yes. I did have new people signing up every week until the main site died.

I've just fixed it so we will see what happens but people will take a while to come back.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 November 2014, 12:42,
Yup Devon is correct UKP is averaging 10 new members a week which is good for the community, I think part of our problem has been the tech problems that buggered up the home page BUT also when SD turned off access to all the seach engines BOTS it basically removed SUk from the search criteria on engines like google and bing.

3 November 2014, 12:49,
I saw something whilst flicking through online, SUK came up but it wouldn't give a description because of something called site "robots" or something??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2014, 13:55,
BP,

Where was that? Because the sites are Wordpress and MyBB they don't actually have the pages on the system it is generated at access time the system should display them. I'll be interested in having a look as I'm opening them up now.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 November 2014, 14:40,
if a newbie were to Google "Survivalist Forums UK" looking for a site amongst the list that comes up is SUK with this under the name: "a description for this result is not available because of this sites robots. txt-learn more".