• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Boar rampaging in Glos
29 November 2014, 10:44,
Wild Boar rampaging in Glos
Free food ???

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/541...st-of-Dean

29 November 2014, 11:07,
RE: Wild Boar rampaging in Glos
if you can find them? it was tried in North Devon and the hunters came back empty handed. they can be very illusive.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2014, 11:15,
I was taking a guy home who had broken down , he lived deep in the forest [gloucs] as I was driving him he was telling me about the wild boar in the forest , how dangerious they were big tusks ect I thought it was old wifes tales but ten mins later blues and twos in the road slowed down and at the side of the road was a boar with large tuskes dead just been hit by a car wich was trashed.

this was a big beast no kiddin and theirs plenty of them in the forest I for one would not like to face one.
Survive the jive (youtube )
29 November 2014, 11:21,
you mean no one picked up the "roadkill"?? I would have !! what a waste of meat.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2014, 11:21,
Boars are not afraid of anything, in Africa they even if outnumbered will charge a pack of lions or hyenas, in the US and Oz they are reported to charge towards hunters, and if you accidentally get btween a wild boar and its stripey kids you are in deep shit. They can also apparently accelerate very fast to near 30 mph sprints.

there are supposed to be growing numbers of the buggers in the Glos area, New Forest, Pennines and a couple of spots on the borders

Oddly enough one of the biggest colonies in Europe live in the middle of Berlin.

29 November 2014, 11:26,
there are plenty in North Devon, let loose from a farm near South Molton by the "animal liberation" lot a few years ago, now multiplied over the intervening years, they've spread all the way down to Burrator Reservoir near Plymouth-best part of 50 miles away from where they were released.
29 November 2014, 11:45,
Lots of info on the UK's growing wild boar population can be found on the following web page:

http://www.britishwildboar.org.uk/
29 November 2014, 11:56,
bp , I did ask the chap about the meat , if the boar is not quite dead , cops get in a vet and they inject it , making meat no good also cops have phone no of locals who will take the stiff away [for meat]

as for me I was at work , it was bigger than the largest rotti iv ever seen , and to be honest iv never even gutted a wabbit ..... wimpRolleyes
Survive the jive (youtube )
29 November 2014, 12:59,
There's a reason North European peoples respected the Boar, it's because they are a formidable beastie and when riled up can kill a man without much effort. A Sow with piglets is probably one of the most dangerous animals on the planet, a fact I fear someone will find out eventually as their numbers start to increase. Their piglets are very cute and inquisitive, but Mother is fearless if she thinks they are in danger. I also think it will be a dog that initiates the attack while being walked by its owner. The dog will scent the Boar and rush in barking, the Human will try to save the dog and get "ripped". Don't forget Wild Boars are probably more intelligent than your dog!
29 November 2014, 14:15,
already happened in some places, the dog walker thing I mean. you get between any animal and its young and you'll probably come off worst, dosent matter what the animal is.