Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Skills of the Hills" (Event)
11 January 2015, 11:54,
"Skills of the Hills" (Event)
The 18th annual "skills of the hills" event will take place on Saturday 7th March 2015 at Gorwell Farm, Hemyock, Devon, EX14 4SR. the day comprises a hedgelaying competition, a baking competition, craft stalls, demonstrations, hot food and drink and more. this is now the second largest hedgelaying competition in the UK.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2015, 11:20,
RE: "Skills of the Hills" (Event)
Just a reminder this is on this coming Saturday, spectators from 09.30AM, Parking £2 per car. bring a warm coat and I suggest you wear Wellies!! Hedgelaying competition, Hedgerow crafts/green woodworking, Craft and Produce stalls, Hot food and refreshments provided by Smeatharpe W.I. !! cookery competition and raffle prizes. postcode for your satnavs: EX14 4SR, grid reference ST170 094. Site: Gorwell Farm, Hemyock, Devon. web site: http://www.bhha.info
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2015, 18:45,
just checked the weather forecast for Saturday EX14: "mostly sunny, 12 degrees, 10% chance of rain, wind southerly @14mph.
7 March 2015, 17:57,
well that was a very interesting day out, apart from the hedge contest which was great just on its own, there was my friends Pete and Anna from the Bulworthy Project, there was a guy making fence hurdles, leatherworkers, spoon carvers, bow maker,walking sticks, old tools for sale, bakery contest and the WI food tent....burger and flapjack for lunch..yum yum!! I went across country trying to avoid main roads as much as possible, had to go OVER the M5 at Tiverton Parkway then back into the lanes to finally arrive at the site.
7 March 2015, 20:33,
Can't believe I missed this. Was really excited by the post, then realised when it was posted and the date :-(
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 March 2015, 09:37,
yep it was yesterday.
8 March 2015, 20:16,
Just read the thread BP , could not have gone anyway , but there is next year. but many thanks....right up my street.