Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stockland Fair.
8 March 2015, 10:13,
Stockland Fair.
here is another date for your diaries : Stockland Fair, Bank Holiday Monday 25th May 2015@ Stockland Victory Hall, Stockland, near Honiton, EX14 9EF. just off the A30/A303. regularly has 2000 visitors to this event. usual crafts and stalls.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2015, 20:19,
RE: Stockland Fair.
BP is this place good for wheel chair access ?
8 March 2015, 23:36,
Well BP I have finally run out of those excellent Bodkins we traded, did you ever get to mount my Bone points mate?
9 March 2015, 00:08,
TH I'm curious what are bodkin's used for nowadays?....thought they were for defeating plate armour.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 March 2015, 00:13, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2015, 00:54 by Tartar Horde.)
They make great field points for roving, plenty of meat and a great profile for penetration. They are very robust compared to Target points and a tried and tested design. I have put a bodkin through the side of a Ford fiesta with a 32 inch arrow shot out of a 65lb Mongol Bow. devastating on small game apparentlyAngel Not many people use them unless they are into English longbow/traditional because they tend to be too heavy for their Poncey target BowsBig Grin

These factory produced Bodkins are really quite good considering their price and manufacture.
Now consider the Medieval bodkin that was hand made and "Forge Hardened" to perfection, there is no comparison. A well made Bodkin shot out of a matched bow is one of the finest arrowheads ever devised, they just punch holes in targetsBig Grin
9 March 2015, 12:37, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2015, 12:39 by bigpaul.)
(8 March 2015, 20:19)Straight Shooter Wrote: BP is this place good for wheel chair access ?

i don't know SS we haven't been to this one yet, thought we would try it out this year, but I don't see why not.

(8 March 2015, 23:36)Tartar Horde Wrote: Well BP I have finally run out of those excellent Bodkins we traded, did you ever get to mount my Bone points mate?

no I haven't TH, got a good stock of arrows so haven't got around to mounting them yet, I've got to sort out the garage-which is my workshop before I can do anything else.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.