Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BeeKeeping Kit
13 June 2015, 15:19, (This post was last modified: 13 June 2015, 15:29 by Skean Dhude.)
BeeKeeping Kit
I'm selling my BeeHaus units that I bought when I started with bees.

[Image: Red.jpg]
[Image: Green1.jpg]
[Image: Green2.jpg]

They are ideal for beginners because of the way they are setup and they certainly helped me get started and learn.

I've now decided I want to go in a different direction with my bees, which I have discussed on the main site, and want to know if one of us is interested in these before I put them on eBay.

They are £500 new. They seem to go on eBay from between £250 and £400. I'm selling them for £250 each.

There are three in total. One Red, pictured, Two Green, one pictured with the lid of the third being shown for the colour difference between the two green hives. The third hive was in a shady area and rarely got the sun so it has faded less. Each have four supers, the little boxes, clearer boards, queen excluders for the supers, splitters so that you can have two hives in one box. No frames. Better that way so no diseases. Floor to check for bugs. I've cleaned them to put away for the winter so they are reasonably tidy. Clearly used but in excellent condition.

Only thing missing on one of the hives is a entrance adapter. £4 from Omlet if it is needed. The hive that gets no entrance adapter gets some additional supers. Everything from the hive perspective bar the frames and the bees that you need to get going with beekeeping.

I'd have some bees if things had gone to plan but I don't have any to spare. Sorry.

The time is right to expand your bee colony if you can catch a swarm or have someone with spare bees. If you intend to buy bees then they may be in short supply at the moment in which case you would miss out this year.

Anyone interested in the hives or wants to discuss then let me know by PM. No rush. I'll be putting them on eBay beginning Q2 eBay next year.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin