Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Fogle"new lives in the wild".
18 August 2015, 07:23,
Ben Fogle"new lives in the wild".
was watching the last in the present series last night, a couple with 2 teen age children crofting on the island of Rum. the wife was talking to Fogle and she said "When the S..t hits the fan(we will be ahead of everyone else)", Fogle either didn't pick up on it or he ignored it, but I was intrigued, its the first time I've heard a british person say it on TV.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 August 2015, 14:37,
RE: Ben Fogle"new lives in the wild".
Did you not see the UK version of Doomsday Preppers?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 August 2015, 15:08, (This post was last modified: 18 August 2015, 15:09 by bigpaul.)
nope, I don't think its on freeview, but i'm sure your going to say its on freeviewBig Grin any special reason why you mentioned it??

(18 August 2015, 15:08)bigpaul Wrote: nope, I don't think its on freeview, but i'm sure your going to say its on youtubeBig Grin any special reason why you mentioned it??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 August 2015, 21:07,
We don't have a TV, so I don't know if it's on freeview.

I was just surprised that you'd not heard the expression WTSHTF, on TV before. That's all. Didn't realise you'd not seen the UK Doomsday Preppers programme. NR used to talk about it and the American version too.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 August 2015, 22:23,
Here you go, I'm sure BP has seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ6wzofxJeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbO3Nyg2HA4
19 August 2015, 07:56,
yes I saw the first episode on youtube ages ago, but like I said its the first time I've heard someone say "WTSHTF" on mainline TV.
19 August 2015, 08:38,
(19 August 2015, 07:56)bigpaul Wrote: yes I saw the first episode on youtube ages ago, but like I said its the first time I've heard someone say "WTSHTF" on mainline TV.

Yes I noted it as well at the time, I would say they were clearly preppers.
19 August 2015, 09:08,
I do think they picked the wrong location, the weather was too inclement most of the time and the ground was poor, but maybe that was all they could afford.
19 August 2015, 10:03,
There's a reason the land is so cheap, because it is marginal land only fit for subsistence crofting.
19 August 2015, 11:03,
if you look at Knight Frank(estate agents) they have a whole island for sale, Isle of Grunay, Out Skerries, Shetland, 55 acres for £85,000!!! KnightFrank.co.uk