Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 fact or fantasy it may not matter..
10 January 2012, 09:52, (This post was last modified: 10 January 2012, 09:53 by mikebratcher69.)
2012 fact or fantasy it may not matter..
Whether you believe in the end of the world or not, you must take into account the attitudes of people who do.
What do I mean? well read this article in the mail and it may open your eyes as to how many people actualy believe the world will end on the 21st/23rd December 2012. They may just try to take us with them.
Maybe it'll happen here too, sheeple have actualy been ringing Nasa and asking should they kill themselves...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-2012.html
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 January 2012, 09:59,
RE: 2012 fact or fantasy it may not matter..
Paranoia kills more than disasters do Smile

10 January 2012, 10:04,
All those who are concerned with civil unrest should have a hop over the tinfoil fence into conspiracy theory territory. Even if you don't believe anything will happen on December 21st there are a lot of people that do, these are the people who are scared, desperate and ready to riot. And they will be after any supplies you may have collected......
10 January 2012, 10:29,
(10 January 2012, 10:04)Sphinx Wrote: All those who are concerned with civil unrest should have a hop over the tinfoil fence into conspiracy theory territory. Even if you don't believe anything will happen on December 21st there are a lot of people that do, these are the people who are scared, desperate and ready to riot. And they will be after any supplies you may have collected......

Dead right about that FYI most of us went with DV over onto P2S because we all found ATS to much paranoia and conspiracy theory stuff leaning.

10 January 2012, 10:34,
I guess the Mayans will be right then. Their calendar could create a self fulfilling prophecy. We all know the world wont end then it turns 21st December 2012. The world would have to fall off in time-zones. It's not going to happen.

But the 'cycle' could reset with a period of great upheaval, thanks to the hysteria caused by the Mayan calendar. Think of it as a sentense that says "You will read this." By reading it you have made if fulfilled. Much like the Mayan saying there will be a great change, or a resetting of thing, this causes riots and a great change. So really, it has fulfilled itself.
10 January 2012, 10:36,
"just cos your paranoid dosent mean they arent out to get you!"
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 January 2012, 10:40,
Do a Google on Harold Camping, Family Radio and the Apocalypse which was guarenteed to happen on the 21st May LAST Year, then it was moved to October LAST year.

10 January 2012, 11:03,
THATS exactly my point, whether its B.S. or not the Mayan end date has potential to cause us lots of trouble. I personaly dont believe the world will end but as a prepper I make note of the potential crisis and I'll keep scanning papers, websites etc gleaning information, trying to extract the truth from the B.S. which can be a feat on its own nowadays. Say for example you were on a flight near the time, your fine because you dont believe it will happen... what happens if the pilot does? what if he wants to "save" you all by ending it by crashing the plane?
What happens if the bus driver on the 53 to Doncaster town center thinks the same? what happens if the Glasgow to London express driver does?
This post is designed to get you to make yourself aware of possible situation that you think dont concern you but could have some effect, because theres a lot of weird sheeple out there, you know them theyve sat next to you on the bus sometines, or walked round your local supermarket with a basket on their heads...Now nothing may happen at all but we as preppers should take all possible precautions in case things happen because some people believe the world may end.Big Grin
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 January 2012, 22:23,
(10 January 2012, 11:03)mikebratcher69 Wrote: theres a lot of weird sheeple out there, you know them theyve sat next to you on the bus sometines, or walked round your local supermarket with a basket on their heads...

Is that guy still going to the Harpurhey Asda? I haven't seen him for ages. Just in case you were wondering, no, it isn't me. I'm the guy with Five Finger Death Punch blaring on the I-Pod so I don't have to listen to Harpurhey idiots arguing about Facebook.Rolleyes
10 January 2012, 22:32,
What's wrong with a basket on your head? Works like a faraday cage. Stops the aliens getting in! haha.

The only thing I believe on the 2012 stuff is the allignment of some of the planets. Not all of them. But last time it happened there was apparently a planetary shift where Earth went from a horizontal rotation on a vertical axis to a squewed axis.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if there was another shift.