Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk Talk
24 October 2015, 09:17,
Talk Talk
Fraudsters already using TALK TALK customer details in fraud attempts, prolly worth a few password changes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ounts.html

24 October 2015, 09:40,
RE: Talk Talk
iv never used online banking or services like it , just don't trust the net.
Survive the jive (youtube )
24 October 2015, 09:50,
(24 October 2015, 09:40)Sunna Wrote: iv never used online banking or services like it , just don't trust the net.

Problem is all companies hold your details on PC's/Servers which are connected to the net, so this could potentially happen to services that you use and pay for offline, such as Gas and electricity for example...

Apparently around the same time as Talk Talk was hit, about a dozen other UK companies were also targeted, so who knows what other data may have already been compromised.
24 October 2015, 10:20,
Indirect consequences could be an issue, I don't know WHAT sort of stuff the hackers got from Talk Talk but as an example my wife sent the details of her passport number , address, name etc to a girl (on Talk Talk) who is organising a trip to Las Vegas. The girl is legit they go every two years, but has my wifes data been downloaded by hackers from her friends talk talk account?

24 October 2015, 11:37,
I'm also a TT customer, oh joy... Dodgy
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
24 October 2015, 14:39,
on radio 4 yesterday talk talks boss would not give a answer to the question , is all your costomers data encrypted.

that's got to mean NO.

these companies who balls up our info should face heavy fines and jail.
Survive the jive (youtube )