Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pallet Stripping Bar (Free Wood!)
10 January 2012, 22:28,
Pallet Stripping Bar (Free Wood!)
If you like the idea of free fuel as much as I do, here's something to consider ...
I collect pallet wood from a couple of local companies and cut it up for firewood.

I tend to collect it quicker than I can cut it up and have occasionally had a yard full of the things which are both an eyesore and also may suggest my interest in prepping. I acquired a 'Pallet Stripping Bar" last year and it really is great!

Basically it is a very robust crow bar like tool with 'u' shaped heads of different size at either end which fit precisely under the stringers of pallets and with little effort this tool produces maximum leverage to break the pallets apart.

Have a look for yourself at this You Tube clip:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ipQLy-0Pfag

I break up the wood and stack it discreetly and cut it when I can. It has made the process so much quicker and easier for me especially as I can cut the wood on a workbench whereas before it was backbreaking work.

I paid £45.00 and £11.00 postage ... It's one of the best things I ever bought! (note to self ... Must get a life!).
10 January 2012, 22:52,
RE: Pallet Stripping Bar (Free Wood!)
Link to video wont work for me Smile

10 January 2012, 22:59,
See if this works? They work for me! Wink

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ipQLy-0Pfag
10 January 2012, 23:08,
nup still doesnt work, never mind, I'll google it Smile

10 January 2012, 23:41,
Doesn't work for me either.I guess you are logged in to Youtube via a Google account?

Up here you can't get pallets they are bought by someone as part of a contract.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 January 2012, 23:44,
(10 January 2012, 23:41)Skean Dhude Wrote: Doesn't work for me either.I guess you are logged in to Youtube via a Google account?

try this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipQLy-0Pfag

UKS
11 January 2012, 00:06, (This post was last modified: 11 January 2012, 00:13 by Bug_out_Bag.)
Aww sorry folks Sad. Thanks for posting it! Smile
(10 January 2012, 23:41)Skean Dhude Wrote: Doesn't work for me either.I guess you are logged in to Youtube via a Google account?

That's too bad SD Sad some of the businesses I've asked won't let me have them for the same reason. I always ask before taking them and sometimes even these places with contracts have let me have a couple. I guess it's all about catching someone in the right frame of mind also looking very down at heel and driving a banger and smiling a lot helps! Have you tried that? Wink
11 January 2012, 05:59,
BOB, Where can you buy one of these? I could make use of one of these. They are not to be found in any of my tool catalogues. Kenneth Eames.
11 January 2012, 09:17,
Hi Kenneth,

Contact Gareth at: cargo-cycles@live.co.uk

I hope this helps! Kenneth, I'm enjoying reading your articles on herbal medicines and will be making some more space in my garden for herbs this year!

Happy pallet stripping!

BoB Smile

11 January 2012, 14:12,
i've got a set of smallish steel wedges that do the job nicely, you could do the same with a "Cold Chisel" if you know what that is.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.