Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Govt daft idea of the day (turning off FM radio)
4 November 2015, 08:46,
RE: Govt daft idea of the day (turning off FM radio)
I have a radio in my car - but I rarely use it, apparently it has a CD player in it - never use that. The only useful thing with regard to the radio is the hands free phone appliance which has been used once or twice over the years.
Curiosity got the better of me and I obtained a digital receiver - just to see what all the fuss is about.
That gadget now resides in my so called workshop and rarely gets turned on. Why? Purely and simply because it is not a really pleasant experience listening to it. The sound seems to be restricted and somehow distorted compared to AM/FM - a lack of tonality so it would seem. This might just be due to the engineering used to cram as many stations into a frequency allocation and in order to do this the sound quality is compromised. If this is the case then I'm afraid I think this is just not good enough and I will not be embracing this system with any kind of enthusiasm. Also the reception is a bit dodgy depending upon the angle of dangle of the aerial which indicates - to me - that line of sight reception is the order of the day rather like my digital telly which is super critical on the aerial position.
So all in all progress would seem to be embracing the one step forwards and two steps backwards routine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Govt daft idea of the day (turning off FM radio) - by iaaems - 4 November 2015, 08:46