Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Govt daft idea of the day (turning off FM radio)
5 November 2015, 00:25,
RE: Govt daft idea of the day (turning off FM radio)
Many years of gunfire and fast motorcycles have taken the edge off my hearing, however I find that DAB is good.

With regard to FM services for preppers, it's a fairly trivial task to add additional amplification to a commonly available FM transmitter, the type used to transmit audio from your MP3 player to your car radio - available for £20 and tuneable over the whole commercial FM range. However, these frequencies have a limited range and are likely to be crowded purely because of the ease of building transmitters.

In a serious SHTF situation I'm not sure that preppers would want to be broadcasting from home, so perhaps an automated, self-sustaining system could be placed somewhere high.

Which brings me to the question of what you would actually want to transmit to people you don't know. I'm thinking that a loop of useful survival information would be good - water purification, hygiene, gardening etc., etc. You might want to organize a meeting, where you could attend as a sheeple and sus out potential allies ( ie the other people who were there pretending to be sheeple ).

This could be an interesting subject, perhaps some of the board heavyweights could run with it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Govt daft idea of the day (turning off FM radio) - by Steve - 5 November 2015, 00:25