Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet - Tuesday
24 November 2015, 09:58,
Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet - Tuesday
Ooops - here we go

http://news.sky.com/story/1593241/turkey...ear-border
24 November 2015, 10:09, (This post was last modified: 24 November 2015, 10:21 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet - Tuesday
DMs take on the story, I was absolutely dreading this scenario, if we aint careful this could quickly spiral down into a major war.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#comments

Definitely a sphincter tightening moment.

24 November 2015, 11:44,
I always tend to take our "media" reports with a large grain of Salt. We only have their word for it, for example how do we know the Russian jet was warned ten times? same for the location, we only have one side of the story. The West has been provoking the Russians for a long time now, take the involvement in Ukraine as a good example where the Eu and US were stoking up the propaganda and backing the coup. I don't believe a word they say, but I do believe they need an eternal enemy to focus the mass of the population into backing military action. these nutters won't be happy until they get their little war will they. Don't worry it'll all be over by Christmas.
24 November 2015, 12:22,
TH - do you believe the Russians?

In the fog of war all facts are unbelievable, but I don't think they are itching for war. Such views are a particularly craven way of looking at International Affairs.

I saw a posted graph of the area concerned with a radar track of the Russian planes clearly over the border. It could of course be forged. But what is clear is that the Turkish border at that points juts out into Syria. The quickesy way for a plane to get to the other side in Syria is to fly over this small piece of Turkey. Wrong Move.

If Russian withdraws its Ambassador from Turkey it will be a flag for me to increase prep level
24 November 2015, 12:35,
If the Ruskies suddenly go very quiet about this incident politically, then start showing patriotic movies and documentaries on RT I'm going to be very concerned.

24 November 2015, 13:54,
I doubt that the Russians want to exacerbate this although they will need to show the size of their d..k.

Nato needs to grab hold of Turkey and say "calm down dear" --

Stocking up on HBC....
24 November 2015, 15:19,
I don't believe either party River to be honest all politicians are inherant liars, but I do believe what their actions tell me. I honestly believe they are fond of death and bloodshed, let us not forget the Iraq, Afghanistan wars et al, all instigated on the flimsiest of evidence, all costing hundreds of thousands of dead civilians, misery and suffering. They are constantly antagonising anyone who doesn't fit their world view and looking for any excuse to start more bombing and destruction. These are the facts and certainly not a "craven" (cowardly) point of view, merely the truth, but as G. Orwell said "telling the truth in a time of universal deceit" is a revolutionary act.
24 November 2015, 17:52,
The Turkmen militias claim they have shot the two Russian aircrew dead as they descended on their chutes, and then they shot down and blew up a Russian rescue chopper !!!

24 November 2015, 18:53,
Oh shit ,that's not going to end well
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 November 2015, 19:22,
Another Attack in Tunis - barely covered 11 members of presidential guard blown up.