Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge fire in tower block in Dubai
31 December 2015, 19:00,
Huge fire in tower block in Dubai
This is really nasty when you see the TV footage, it reaffirms my dislike of high rise buildings.

http://news.sky.com/story/1614858/huge-f...ks-display

1 January 2016, 01:39,
RE: Huge fire in tower block in Dubai
The speed with which the fire spread through the floors is ridiculous and shows the extremely poor standards of building control that is present within such countries/structures. There should have been passive fire stops formed/built into the structure between all of the floors to prevent this type of fire spread. Plus additionally witnesses have stated (on the news reports) that no fire alarms were present!

Definitely something to think about if you are planning a trip to such destinations.....
1 January 2016, 09:58,
relevance to UK prepping???
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2016, 10:35,
(1 January 2016, 09:58)bigpaul Wrote: relevance to UK prepping???

As per the last sentence in my post....... some people from the UK do travel overseas.
1 January 2016, 10:43,
I repeat myself Dev, what has that got to do with UK prepping?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2016, 11:13,
Yes Dev not only did the alarms not go off but apparently the sprinklers failed as well, We have to be slightly more wary when travelling overseas outside of the EU as safety standards can be borderline to non existent in some countries, I guess we could prep a bit better by demanding rooms on the lower floors ( Ground and First) and unlike the scant attention we tend to pay to hotel safety when travelling in the UK I think we must be much more proactive when abroad and actually check out the escape routes, fire doors etc as soon as we check in and physically look at escape options not only if a fire broke out but if a terror attack got underway like happened in Tunisia. I once stayed in a Motel in the US that had blocked the fire doors in the dining room with big wheely cages of Laundry.

1 January 2016, 14:00,
Spanish building site ever seen one their flats , complexis are built with those hollow terrercotter bricks ..... don't trust them at all.

in fairness iv never herd of one falling down.
Survive the jive (youtube )
1 January 2016, 14:42,
so holiday at home, I don't know anyone who can afford to go to Dubai anyway! and Spanish stuff was always jerry-rigged anyway and well known for it.