Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bristol Pub Meet
15 January 2012, 17:33,
Bristol Pub Meet
Hi everyone.

This is a shout out to everyone in the Bristol area.

We will be meeting up towards the end of Feb or early March.

Anyone from the Bristol area (I'm from near Nailsea so it's a small drive, can always pick someone up is they need a lift) please message me and we'll check for numbers and the alike.

So far there is a reasonable group going, so you will be in good company.

No weapons, or military clothing. It is just a social for people to meet and discuss their starting points and experience.

For those of you scared of going, I know my girlfriend and nobody else other than who I work with, and we're new to the whole thing. So don't be worried, we are all in the same boat together.

Message me.
15 January 2012, 18:58,
RE: Bristol Pub Meet
Would be good to meet... you never know we might need each other if SHTF and its not like we can pop on the net and find each other. I am the sort of person that likes to learn from people face to face and not always through typed words (hope that makes sense) hehe.
Plus I like Bristol it is a good city and has some good pubs Smile

x
15 January 2012, 19:05,
Bristol area needed a logo to represent and inspire and unite them
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/6702339077/

15 January 2012, 19:09,
I am sorry to burst your bubble NR but that is wales!!! "therrr aint no sheep ere" as we would say in bristol "where they too?"
15 January 2012, 19:31,
(15 January 2012, 19:09)AlyBear Wrote: I am sorry to burst your bubble NR but that is wales!!! "therrr aint no sheep ere" as we would say in bristol "where they too?"

Dont worry Aly, the welsh dont admit to havin sheep either Smile Smile

16 January 2012, 14:16,
Now if it had been a pic' of a carrot cruncher i'd have said yes!
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

16 January 2012, 19:56,
I'll be there if I can - should be a good opportunity for a meet and greet Smile

Ter
16 January 2012, 21:03,
This is a bit of a trek for me, but may be holidaying around that time, so might be able to make it.
17 January 2012, 06:45,
I do hope your Group meet is successful. It is good to see a group forming and adding support to each other. I look forward with great interest to reading a report of your first meet. Kenneth Eames.
17 January 2012, 09:23,
Bristol Pub Meet will be on the last weekend of February.

We are finalising the time and venue.

It is a social, and there are people from many other forums coming.

This will be a social, so no gear reviews or the alike. Also, anyone wearing a silverfoil hat will not be allowed to join conversation, drinking, or any knitting circles that we embark upon. Silverfoil hats, and the alike must be left in the car. The same goes for military bags, or clothing.

We are not a militia!
We are a bunch of people of similar opinion meeting for a drink in a pub to get to know each other.

I thought I'd better say that, incase someone thought it a good idea to pretend they were the most hardcore survivalist at the pub. This is not a gear contest, or show and tell.....no knives!!! If you bring one, you are risking getting the whole group in trouble.

It's a drink in a bar, and we'd love to have yourselves, or friends along with us.