Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PJ article on going green / offgrid
9 March 2016, 00:05,
PJ article on going green / offgrid
http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2016/03...a-prepper/

10 March 2016, 10:21,
RE: PJ article on going green / offgrid
What we have been saying for a while now. Our grandparents lived like this and now being self sufficient means you are marked as a greenie or a survivalist. Being Green is a better way to go.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 March 2016, 11:14,
Just been having that conversation again by e mail about how we in the west during the cold war used to laugh at and ridicule those poor oppressed eastern Europeans who had to drive horses and carts or little rugged 4x4 Ladas, they had to heat their homes with wood and coal burning stoves etc. How we chortled about them having wells, keeping chickens and goats and pigs and rabbits. Hh the mirth when we heard how one of them being interviewed when asked what would he like if he could have anything in the world and he said " one of those western chainsaws and a new shotgun" cos his old one was a hundred years old. The outright smug mirth at seeing their gardens used to grow food not nice rimmed lawns like we had.

Not bloody laughing now.

10 March 2016, 12:05,
I never laughed, it was how my grandparents(Farmers and farm workers) lived every day of their lives.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 March 2016, 17:03,
My grandparents always had a bit of food away, few extra blankets, knowing a bit about foraging and the occasional poached pheasant or rabbit was considered smart. Think the way to live is look how they lived not too long ago.
10 March 2016, 17:50,
Couldn't have said it better myself NR!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 March 2016, 17:55,
KISS- keep it stupidly simple, always been the best way, get too technical or complicated and the whole system is prone to collapse.
just imagine what most would do if there were no supermarkets or mobile phones- or internet for that matter, no Farcebook or Twatter!!!
blimey, I can hear the wailing from here!!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 March 2016, 18:17,
Gracias Senor Light Speed, I think your personal arrangements totally confirm that theory Smile

10 March 2016, 20:14,
I'm not keen on being called a "greenie" - it rather smacks of the smugness of the Green Party. (I know they mean well, but fore heavens sake...!)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 March 2016, 20:26,
Homesteader? Off Gridder? Muck Spreader? Small Holder? sh1t shoveller, Allotmenteer? Gardener? Smile