Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London 2012"disease spread risk"
16 January 2012, 14:24,
London 2012"disease spread risk"
on BBC text this morning: " Mass gatherings, such as London 2012 Olympics, can be a hotbed of diseases from across the world-Public Health experts have warned. They say it can have consequences for the host nation and for people when they return to their own countries, A series of reports in The Lancet infectous disease journal have been highlighting the risks." this is what i have been saying for years about people spitting in the street, and coughing in my face or over the back of my neck, at car boots and other such places. am i the only one who uses a handkerchief(in my case a large bandana) or a tissue??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 January 2012, 14:31,
RE: London 2012"disease spread risk"
(16 January 2012, 14:24)bigpaul Wrote: on BBC text this morning: " Mass gatherings, such as London 2012 Olympics, can be a hotbed of diseases from across the world-Public Health experts have warned. They say it can have consequences for the host nation and for people when they return to their own countries, A series of reports in The Lancet infectous disease journal have been highlighting the risks." this is what i have been saying for years about people spitting in the street, and coughing in my face or over the back of my neck, at car boots and other such places. am i the only one who uses a handkerchief(in my case a large bandana) or a tissue??
People have forgot the old adage "coughs and sneezes spread diseases"
I think its because we live in a world where they think anti biotics can cure everything. I too hate people coughing or sneezing near me without showing respect for other folk, they wouldn't like it if i farted near them would they?

16 January 2012, 14:37,
i think its because your "normal" person is too wrapped up in their own boring little lives, they also have no respect for anyone else, the spitting i blame on footballers who do it on the pitch, and every little scroat thinks its "cool".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 January 2012, 14:45,
I was forced to travel on a peasant wagon (Bus) the other week and nearly punched a woman in the face I was so angry, she was just stood there sneezing without even attempting to cover her mouth. It made my blood boil . GGGggggrrrrr!!!

There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

16 January 2012, 14:48,
This situation with the olympics is going to be the same as 'Freshers Flu' where everyone at uni becomes ill. It's the intake of different illnesses from around the country. It's not a huge issue, usually a little chichen soup deals with it.

If someone sneezes on me, I tend to sneeze back at them and say "Oh sorry, I should tell you, I do have AIDs" (I don't really), then sneeze again. Usually they take their illness away from me.
16 January 2012, 14:48,
(16 January 2012, 14:45)Reality Jones Wrote: I was forced to travel on a peasant wagon (Bus) the other week and nearly punched a woman in the face I was so angry, she was just stood there sneezing without even attempting to cover her mouth. It made my blood boil . GGGggggrrrrr!!!
as my dear old (late) mother would say: "how common!!"Big Grin
16 January 2012, 14:50,
Cities are either necroplis in waiting, or just giant petry dishes for breeding diseases.

16 January 2012, 14:51,
(16 January 2012, 14:48)Scythe13 Wrote: If someone sneezes on me, I tend to sneeze back at them and say "Oh sorry, I should tell you, I do have AIDs" (I don't really), then sneeze again. Usually they take their illness away from me.

trouble is, by then, you've got their germs!and their disease!
16 January 2012, 14:51,
Just wait til the Uk pop rises by another 12 million in the next 15 years most of which will be in cities.

16 January 2012, 14:52,
I reckon my boiling blood would have killed off any disease within a 2ft radius of me!
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.