• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Untreatable TB coming to a city near you soon
16 January 2012, 16:02,
Untreatable TB coming to a city near you soon
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...drugs.html

16 January 2012, 16:05,
RE: Untreatable TB coming to a city near you soon
It does state in the article.
'No one expects the Indian TB strains to rapidly spread elsewhere. The airborne disease is mainly transmitted through close personal contact and isn't nearly as contagious as the flu.'

Besides I don't know many slum dwellers who can afford a plane ticket, so I wont panick just yet if that's Ok?

There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

16 January 2012, 16:17,
But RJ its only been about 7 years since severely drug resistant TB surfaced in Chechnia and the same ologists said it was unlikely to spread, but then it arrived in Mumbai, and if I remember right London only 2 years laters. It is why Her Majesties government suddenly started a mass TB innoculation program in London and similar cities but only treating the Asian community who actually had the highest resistance to it, but they refuised to treat the white population who are more vulnerable.

16 January 2012, 16:31,
oh great! my mother died from TB! it aint nice and it aint pretty!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 January 2012, 16:32,
I'm sure TB was eradicated in the UK at one point. Then someone thought mass immigration would be a good idea....
16 January 2012, 17:51,
(16 January 2012, 16:32)00111001 Wrote: I'm sure TB was eradicated in the UK at one point. Then someone thought mass immigration would be a good idea....
My Wife is a nurse in the North of England and I can tell you %100 that TB is here and spreading. There has been a rise in the MSR(multi strain resistant) form that can't be controlled by drugs. The only way to control is to ensure the patients are monitored on a daily basis to ensure they take precautions against spreading, and if neccesary to quarantine them. It is coming from india/Pakistan (sub continent) and sub Saharan Africa. It makes the thread by Big Paul on sneezing coughing VERY IMPORTANT, especially when using public transport in areas of heavy "enrichment" from third World countries.

16 January 2012, 18:18,
(16 January 2012, 17:51)Tartar Horde Wrote: My Wife is a nurse in the North of England and I can tell you %100 that TB is here and spreading. There has been a rise in the MSR(multi strain resistant) form that can't be controlled by drugs. .

Yup my missus is also a nurse in the north of England and she also reports the exact same findings as your good lady does.

16 January 2012, 21:48,
I have just been discussing the increase in TB cases in the country with my wife who is a nurse, and she dropped a bombshell on me. She reckons the new advice for heart attacks, no mouth to mouth, is due to the coming explosion in TB cases!!!, you do not want to give mouth to mouth to someone with MSR TB. Call me cynical but I thought there might be more to it than the TV portrays
16 January 2012, 22:09,
Yes that makes perfect sense actually.

17 January 2012, 10:52,
makes complete sense of the new Vinnie Jones CPR advert-no kissing!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.