Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we really a free nation
18 January 2012, 18:00,
Are we really a free nation
Are we really a free nation or does the government control our lifes. Are free to choose who supplies our electricity, gas, rubbish collections ultimately its the government who gives out the licences to the supplies.
As preppers/survivalist call us what you will does the government like people who can be self sufficient and not reley on them to supply us and therefore control our lives?.
18 January 2012, 18:05,
RE: Are we really a free nation
Oh C'mon please the people of the UK have not been free in any meaningful way for over 100 years, We are just allowed to enjoy rattling our chains.

We have no acess to common land stolen by the tories under the enclosure act, no right to own guns because of the single instant decision by one 1950s home sec.

18 January 2012, 19:10,
are we free? not when TPTB can track our every move by CCTV, our credit or debit cards, our loyalty cards, and a million other ways. we can never be self sufficient because of the planning laws, lots of people have tried, even bought their own land but once the councils know you are there, thats it, you get evicted even if you own the land. and now we have the inciduous EU gaining more and more footholds in our laws and regulations, so now, we cant even deport people who have no right to be here, people who have got here illegally, because THEY have rights!! and if YOU complain, then they call YOU a rascist, because you dont agree with what THEY say!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 January 2012, 19:45,
No. We never have been.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 January 2012, 20:15,
My greatest ambition is to build an Earthship to live in. Not a novelty 'visitor centre' because they SUCK!!!

But planning regulations suck so much hard chuffin.......I'd better not go into full rant mode.......but basically, my dream could only come true in a different country :'-(

I can buy land, but I can't do anything with my own property!!! That's not freedom. That is a dictatorship!!!
18 January 2012, 23:00,
Skean Dhude is spot on...we have NEVER been free and it is getting even worse!
Joe.
19 January 2012, 00:59,
Love it NR, "rattling our chains". But I agree, we're not and have never truly been, free. How could we be with a ruling establishment owned by an inbred monarchy?
19 January 2012, 06:55,
The worst thing about the lack of freedom in this country is the lack of Free Speech. Without free speech we cannot say what we would like. This means that communication with other people is limited to private conversations with trusted friends. Kenneth Eames.
19 January 2012, 09:14,
(19 January 2012, 06:55)Kenneth Eames Wrote: The worst thing about the lack of freedom in this country is the lack of Free Speech. Without free speech we cannot say what we would like. This means that communication with other people is limited to private conversations with trusted friends. Kenneth Eames.

I'd say the worst bit is the planning permission, simply because, who here would have already bought some land, in the middle of nowhere, and set up a bunker, along with a home specially designed for a post-SHTF situation? AAAAAAARGH!!!! Screw planning laws!!!!
19 January 2012, 09:49,
Kenneth and colleagues free men are armed to protect their freedoms, rights, liberties and persons, There is no free people in the UK and if any of you start harping on about democracy I'll scream because this country is anything but a democracy.