Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hello, another new person.
19 January 2012, 00:02,
hello, another new person.
Hi. : )

Had this place book marked for a while. was meaning to join, but never got around to it. Bumped into Scythe13 in the Bristol Army Surplus whilst I was buying a wool blanket. He was looking at knives and discussing with the clerk which multi tool would be able to cut a chain link fence. This set off an alarm bell in my head so I carried on listening as he described why he needed it (for a Survavialist course). Later I asked him where this course was as I couldnt find any in the UK like he described. I name dropped a few books and it turned out he had read the same sort of things as me and linked me here. Which I already had a book mark for on my main PC anyway. Ive had a peek around the various sections and have found a lot of people just like myself. Awesome.

Anyhoo, Ive been reading the news heavily since about 2008. Noticing patterns and trends, failure to name the enemy, failure to acknowledge there is a problem. I've read the news about riots over crap like Nike air Jordans, and wondered, what would happen in a genuine emergancy with these people. You stand in supermarkets and look at the food avaliable, what would you do if it wasnt there? The fuel strike in 2000 was enough to get people panic buying bread and milk. What would happen in a genuine situation? Now the situation in the middle east and the "arab spring" (lol) is over and all the stuff people said at the start (who were labled bigots and naysayers) is coming true. We live in a time when there is a genuine unease, be it civil unrest, rising Nationalism, impending EU collapse and the Goverments not listenening to the people (Not PC!) or the very real threat of a big ol' fashion war. Which would very handily create jobs and Industry and give the current "me, me me, because Im worth it" generations a kick up the ass. So without parading around the place with a "It's Happening!" sign I wanted to just start a bit of prepping.

Anyway thats me done rambling about why Im am here.

I'm 33 and my job would put me as a category 2 responder in a essential infrastructure so I get a nice little "skip the line" card for purchaing petrol in the event of a fuel crisis.

Im originally from Cornwall, lived in the middle of nowhere. Now I live in the Bristol area.

So, uh

Hi

Tongue

19 January 2012, 00:04,
RE: hello, another new person.
Hello! Smile
19 January 2012, 00:10,
hello and welcome
19 January 2012, 00:12,
Ey Up. Sivvy.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
19 January 2012, 06:46,
Welcome Carnebwen, Enjoy the site, much good information within. Kenneth Eames.
19 January 2012, 09:10,
Good to see you again mate.

Thanks for being a man of your word. You said you were going to join, and you did. You're already scoring big 'trust points' with me.

Marcruss is a great store, and they always help me out with equipment. I'll be back in there tomorrow and he'll have all the information I asked for, and more. If you can, they are a valuable resource, so it's good to make friends with them.

It would be awesome if you could come to the Bristol Pub Meet. You've got my number, so if you can check that time off, drop me a line.
19 January 2012, 09:39,
Greetings Smile

19 January 2012, 11:25,
Welcome. Hope you enjoy the site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 January 2012, 17:17,
Hi, good to have you on board. I've just started myself and I echo everything you say mate.
19 January 2012, 17:25,
Welcome to the forum from another Brizzle Prepper.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.