Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
children
21 September 2011, 00:16,
children
how about a subject box about children, things to pack for them entertanment and other problems we might encounter i know my children are eletronic mad so would find it hard with out it.
the idea's would be helpfulUndecided
to win the war, you must be willing to die
21 September 2011, 08:31,
RE: children
Grumpy.

I don't think there is that much specific to children really. Education should be in rebuilding society and isn't exclusive to children. Sanitation should include nappies etc. and again is not exclusive to children.

My concern is that by moving things out of an area we will, as we tend to wander, put in something we should all know and someone who has no children does not read it and misses out.

Lets keep an eye on it and see what comes up that could warrant a Childrens area.

Anyone else got a view?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 September 2011, 10:14,
I couldn't see anywhere obvious to put a post about a childrens bug-out bag, the closest I could find was Vehicles->Bug_out. But I agree I don't think we need a whole forum group for children.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
21 September 2011, 10:27,
I was actually looking at setting up a place for things like bug out bags or general lists for prepping. There doesn't seem anywhere logical to put things like that.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 October 2011, 22:36,
(21 September 2011, 10:27)Skean Dhude Wrote: I was actually looking at setting up a place for things like bug out bags or general lists for prepping. There doesn't seem anywhere logical to put things like that.

Great idea. I was actually looking for a section like this.
13 October 2011, 01:03,
i thought an area for kids topics would be good so people with out kids could skip over it and people with kids go to it for sawping idea's it will be very hard for parents with young kids to keep them happy, adults can eat most thing when they know they have to but give a little boy or girl some rabbit or bird and they problely won't eat it let alone rat or insects. how about games and entertinement all my kids like electranic stuff and i wasn't around in world war 2 so the old people among us will remember things they played and enjoyied books can't tell you that.
guess what i'am trying to say is that all work and no play makes johnny very sad and nobody likes to see their kids sad.
just idea's from parent's who are prepers like they do in a toddler group
14 October 2011, 04:58,
Get an old copy of a Scouts Handbook as there are lots of useful things in there to do. Also there are some ''Boys & Girls'' books, I cant remember the name of them at the moment. Some of the old Ladybird Books had some useful things in them as well to make.

Ordinace Survey do a 'How to Map Read' for children which is downloadable from their website.

The 'Eye-spy' range of books is also useful and not just for children.

Make education fun and interesting for the kids and they will always remember them.
British by birth, English by the grace of God.

Every morning, I wake up and thank God I am an Englishman!
15 October 2011, 00:59,
dana thanks for that, i always make learning fun i get the best results that way otherwise kids just switch off.
but i was think more game things not really learning just fun so the kids can switch off and be kids again with laughing and carefree feeling if that makes sence ?
i think it will be really hard for children to cope with how things might have gone, i'am not saying they will fall to peices but they do need some child hood and happy times.
i think thats where i will struggle
16 October 2011, 20:05,
I'll add in a forum specifically for discussions on children and also one for kits.
Skean Dhude
16 October 2011, 20:14,
Done. Both forums created.
Skean Dhude