Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a pellet grill?
1 April 2017, 08:03,
What is a pellet grill?
Hi, guys
I need some information. My question is "what is pellet grill?" I don't know abouth pellet grill. I have learned some information from this site (http://www.pelletgriller.com). But I would like to know the details. Let us help you with the information. Have a good day.
1 April 2017, 09:51,
RE: What is a pellet grill?
A pellet grill is simply a grill that can use wood pellets. The pellets are make of waste wood, sawdust etc. that are compressed into pellets for management. The type of wood imparts flavour to the item being cooked.

Most grills will be able to use wood pellets and even gas grills can use wood pellets for flavour.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 April 2017, 09:58,
We've been using wood pellets in the furnace this winter.

Like SD said they can be used in most BBQ stoves, and impart smoke flavour to the food being cooked.

Lb. for Lb. Energy value of wood pellets is almost identical to Lignite, and somewhat less than BBQ coal or charcoal. So you'll need to burn a little more to get the same results.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 April 2017, 10:01, (This post was last modified: 1 April 2017, 10:02 by Lightspeed.)
Just a thought....

From a prepping perspective, wood pellets are a poor choice. They have a poor shelf- life, can be highly flammable, and if not flammable that's because they have absorbed too much moisture and will shortly break-down into the sawdust from which they were made.

Really they are a here-and-now fuel source, not worthy of considering for the long term.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 April 2017, 17:05,
Grilling with pellets of compressed saw dust?

How sad.
Today, 03:35,
"From a prepping perspective, wood pellets are a poor choice. They have a poor shelf- life, can be highly flammable, and if not flammable that's because they have absorbed too much moisture and will shortly break-down into the sawdust from which they were made.

Really they are a here-and-now fuel source, not worthy of considering for the long term."

Hmm, I see. Well, time to look for an alternative.
8 hours ago,
Yeah ....you don't see fallen branches or twigs anymore, Birch bark is no longer available ...you cannot even place a few stones in a circle .....the world is turning to shit !
The ability to laugh at yourself while you learn is a great attribute.