Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Internet Dead or just Dying?
20 January 2012, 11:21,
Is the Internet Dead or just Dying?
We just had the internet shut down at work for a while.

One of the salesguys on my team said it was nationwide!

Urm.....I thought everything was going to vanish in Decenber 2012, not January 2012 haha.

I kind of begs a question, if the internet had crashed permenantly, what would we do?
20 January 2012, 11:23,
RE: Is the Internet Dead or just Dying?
(20 January 2012, 11:21)Scythe13 Wrote: I kind of begs a question, if the internet had crashed permenantly, what would we do?

Go to monthly or bi annual RZs as we alrerady agreed ? Smile

20 January 2012, 11:29,
(20 January 2012, 11:23)NorthernRaider Wrote: Go to monthly or bi annual RZs as we alrerady agreed ? Smile

I'm not sure when that was agreed, but I like it.

SOLD! I'll buy 2 of them.
20 January 2012, 11:34,
My internet crashed yesterday. Sounds like your sales guy was right. All seem alright now...touch wood!
Joe.
20 January 2012, 12:06,
(20 January 2012, 11:29)Scythe13 Wrote:
(20 January 2012, 11:23)NorthernRaider Wrote: Go to monthly or bi annual RZs as we alrerady agreed ? Smile

I'm not sure when that was agreed, but I like it.

SOLD! I'll buy 2 of them.

Bushcraft show in June, Wilderness Gathering in August. Its totally unofficial but some of us decided that as a back up if we needed to meet other preppers for what ever reasons and all normal comms failed we would endevour to meet at the larger gatherings, we were looking for a method of recognising each other when you joined the forum.

20 January 2012, 13:25,
Perhaps we should put some of these in our diaries.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 January 2012, 13:36,
(20 January 2012, 13:25)Skean Dhude Wrote: Perhaps we should put some of these in our diaries.

I think that's a good idea.

We should try to have a Forum Meet once a year, at least.

With this Bristol Meet, I'll suggest more regular, and regional meetings. If there's preppers in the Nailsea area, we'd probably meet every couple of weeks to learn skills, chat, reccy the area, and that kind of thing.

To everyone new to the forum, we are all very open and approachable. The Meets are very important, because that is where you build your team and network. Safety in numbers.
20 January 2012, 13:38,
(20 January 2012, 13:25)Skean Dhude Wrote: Perhaps we should put some of these in our diaries.

Yup thats prudent and perhaps in time if or when you get some sort of regular meet going around Chester that also will by default become an emergency RZ and contact point on a set date each year?

And hopefully the Bristol Battalion will make some sort of combined commitment to hold an event on a regular basis at a specific location as well

Then dear jellymen we have the makings of a chain of comms to fall back on and that is flipping marvelous.

20 January 2012, 13:51,
(20 January 2012, 13:38)NorthernRaider Wrote: And hopefully the Bristol Battalion will make some sort of combined commitment to hold an event on a regular basis at a specific location as well

Then dear jellymen we have the makings of a chain of comms to fall back on and that is flipping marvelous.

The Bristol Battalion is ever growing. We'll discuss a more regular meet on the 25th Feb when we do meet up.

Hopefully we'll all get along (I can't see why we wouldn't) and then we'll be out on camping trips together, going on edible plant walks, enjoying primitive cooking classes (like home-ec for guys), and things like that. We'll discuss BOL's and if possible, we should try to find a single BOL where we can all work together and support each other.
20 January 2012, 13:55,
I suggest you guys have to find a way to get along, your acting as pioneers and trying to be the first in an established group or network of serious mainstream survivors and not just a bunch of wannabes or armchairs. There is a lot resting on your guys being willing enough to not hold a pissing contest and put the long term needs of your families first, and judging by the little I know of most of you there is a lot of brain power and skill available.

Fingers Crossed.