Large CME hitting earth now til wednesday
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/biggest-solar-s...46088.html

23 January 2012, 22:56,
RE: Large CME hitting earth now til wednesday
Beat me to it chap - although I only managed a faux news link:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/01/2...n-7-years/
24 January 2012, 10:38,
Why is it i havent noticed anything then?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2012, 10:59,
(24 January 2012, 10:38)bigpaul Wrote: Why is it i havent noticed anything then?

No Northern lights last night? apparently they were visible from newcastle upwards.
24 January 2012, 11:04,
(24 January 2012, 10:59)00111001 Wrote:
(24 January 2012, 10:38)bigpaul Wrote: Why is it i havent noticed anything then?

No Northern lights last night? apparently they were visible from newcastle upwards.
nope, too cloudy down here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2012, 11:15,
You've probably missed all the excitement then. Unless the power goes off...
24 January 2012, 11:25,
yes, looks like it, we tend to be in bed by 9pm-unless there is something we especially want to watch on TV- and we get up about 8am in the winter or 7am in the summer, so if something were to happen in that time we probably wouldnt notice it, we could wake up in the morning and find": the world has gone to hell in a handcart!"Tongue
24 January 2012, 11:45,
(24 January 2012, 11:25)bigpaul Wrote: yes, looks like it, we tend to be in bed by 9pm-unless there is something we especially want to watch on TV- and we get up about 8am in the winter or 7am in the summer, so if something were to happen in that time we probably wouldnt notice it, we could wake up in the morning and find": the world has gone to hell in a handcart!"Tongue

I always wonder this.

In the office, I have the shutters closed, otherwise I'm easily distracted. If there was a power out, I wouldn't know, because my laptop has SUPER LONG battery life, and I'm in a small office that I don't like to have the lights on.

I could walk outside and I'd be the last on the scene. I'd miss the best part of the looting haha.