Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hello from norfolk
25 January 2012, 13:54,
Thumbs Down  hello from norfolk
hello happy there are like minded people out there
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 January 2012, 14:01,
RE: hello from norfolk
Hi, welcome hope you enjoy your time with us and become part of our community

25 January 2012, 14:33,
Hi Barneyboy

Welcome to the site.

There are loads of great people here, and even more great information.

What bought you to Survivalism/Prepping?
25 January 2012, 14:51,
(25 January 2012, 14:33)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi Barneyboy

Welcome to the site.

There are loads of great people here, and even more great information.

What bought you to Survivalism/Prepping?

lots of things my friend but mostiy state of the economy and the realisation how i wood feed and protect my loved ones if things fall apart 1,ooo,000,000,000 debt fuel prices and reading cody lundin books all scarry stuff but not the book how about you
25 January 2012, 15:02,
I have always been into the idea of being able to survive, after wanting to be in the SAS as a kid.

I went and lived on a desert island for 5 weeks for my 21st Birthday, where I learned LOADS of survival skills.

I read books about finance, business, the economy, historical financial trends/fluctuations.

I listened, watched, and read about the depression (thankfully I'm in a depression proof business).

And none of that got me into survivalism.

I read a book written by a guy I've met and whom I thought awesome. That was the peek of my misconception that we are invulnerable.

Believing, as many do, that the country will look after it's people, I didn't bother looking into protecting myself against intangibles, like inflation etc.

It still took a few things to happen to make me get up and start prepping. Even the Liverpool/Manchester Riots (while I was living in Warrington) was not enough.

I can't remember the exact point. But I remember buying my BOB and thinking "I'm doing the right thing here"

I've gotten more and more intense with my prepping as time goes on. I'm going to do a MASSIVE Tesco shop after I get paid. That will be stored under my girlfriends bed, partially hidden in the loft as well.

Did you have a tipping point?
25 January 2012, 15:32,
thinking when the SHTF your YOYO i started to store food and fuel and went shooting for rabbits woodys squirrel all are for the pot it felt instinctive and as you say right thing todo
25 January 2012, 17:23,
Hi Barneyboy
Welcome to the site
25 January 2012, 17:25,
(25 January 2012, 15:02)Scythe13 Wrote: I've gotten more and more intense with my prepping as time goes on. I'm going to do a MASSIVE Tesco shop after I get paid. That will be stored under my girlfriends bed, partially hidden in the loft as well.

Did you have a tipping point?

Scythe. It's never a good idea to store food in the loft because of the extremes of temperature up there, so I've been told.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

25 January 2012, 19:34,
(25 January 2012, 17:25)Reality Jones Wrote: Scythe. It's never a good idea to store food in the loft because of the extremes of temperature up there, so I've been told.

That's a fair point. I am going to load up under her bed and mine first. Toilet paper will be in the loft.
25 January 2012, 20:35,
You can store water in tyhe loft. Plus all the non perishables, bandages just not medicated ones. Your toys will do fine.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin