Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheeple panic buying fuel
26 January 2012, 10:46,
RE: Sheeple panic buying fuel
(26 January 2012, 10:24)TOF Wrote: Don't own a vehicle, but I 'spose I'd better go and buy me new walking boots, then. There could be a rush on them too!Big Grin

Buy some fuel, put it in a Jerry Can, you'll be selling that for £5 a litre soon enough haha.
26 January 2012, 11:22,
I always fill up when the tank gets to half empty-whenever that is! if i think there is going to be a shortage-for whatever reason-last time it was the riots-just in case, i have 3 plastic 10 litre fuel containers which i fill up and keep in the garage, this will enable me to top the car up in the event fuel is not available, i bought these containers from "Cornwall Farmers" who have a shop in town-£6 each! under my tenancy i'm not supposed to keep any more than 5 litres in a can but what the heck, my need is greater than their rules-right??Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 January 2012, 11:25,
(26 January 2012, 11:22)bigpaul Wrote: under my tenancy i'm not supposed to keep any more than 5 litres in a can but what the heck, my need is greater than their rules-right??Tongue

Logic dictates that in a SHTF situation, they are not going to come round and chech how much you have.
26 January 2012, 11:27,
(26 January 2012, 11:25)Scythe13 Wrote:
(26 January 2012, 11:22)bigpaul Wrote: under my tenancy i'm not supposed to keep any more than 5 litres in a can but what the heck, my need is greater than their rules-right??Tongue

Logic dictates that in a SHTF situation, they are not going to come round and chech how much you have.
i know that, i meant under "normal" circumstances!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 January 2012, 18:34,
Halfords are doing 20L metal jerry cans at £29.99.. Is this a bargain or a rip off ? I was going tpo buy a couple this weekend.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

26 January 2012, 18:38,
(26 January 2012, 18:34)Reality Jones Wrote: Halfords are doing 20L metal jerry cans at £29.99.. Is this a bargain or a rip off ? I was going tpo buy a couple this weekend.

dont know about the price but metal 20L jerry cans are going to be heavy to lift and pour into the tank-more so as you get older, thats why i went for 10L plastic!
26 January 2012, 19:14,
(26 January 2012, 18:34)Reality Jones Wrote: Halfords are doing 20L metal jerry cans at £29.99.. Is this a bargain or a rip off ? I was going tpo buy a couple this weekend.

I think the price is good, but not for our use mate.

We want to be able to put it in the ground and leave it there. It wouldn't be much good if it's made of metal. Over time it will definitely rust.

I'm going to stick to the blue plastic ones.
26 January 2012, 19:25,
but the plastic can get damaged so much easier and rupture. thats why the Army use metal. If it can survive soldiers then it is good quality. I have few plastic containers.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 January 2012, 19:50,
(26 January 2012, 19:14)Scythe13 Wrote:

We want to be able to put it in the ground and leave it there. It wouldn't be much good if it's made of metal. Over time it will definitely rust.

I'm going to stick to the blue plastic ones.

I don't want to bury it just store some in my shed.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

26 January 2012, 19:56,
(26 January 2012, 19:25)Skean Dhude Wrote: but the plastic can get damaged so much easier and rupture. thats why the Army use metal. If it can survive soldiers then it is good quality. I have few plastic containers.

I'm confused now. I'm pretty sure it's you that told me about how metal cans rust and things like that. In my cache question thread. It was you or NR, I'm certain.

(26 January 2012, 19:50)Reality Jones Wrote: I don't want to bury it just store some in my shed.

Oh okay. In that case, yes, it's probably worth while. Check out the quality and post back about it. I am hoping to store a little at the house, and more in caches. So having a couple of cans around would be great.