Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi - I'm making a film - can you help?
18 June 2018, 10:16,
RE: Hi - I'm making a film - can you help?
Hi folks,

Thanks for the responses. Apologies for the delay in mine, I've just come off exercise with the Army Reserve (my own prepper path, if you like) and so I've been off the net for a few days.

Having seen what's out there already I can understand your reluctance and mistrust. I will be making something that cuts out the sensationalism and highlights the issues that can be expected when you completely rely on help and haven't made the simplest preparations to get by when the SHTF (to coin a phrase I've picked up trawling these forums). Its not about bunkers and nut jobs - it's about being able to keep yourself and your family alive when any one of the many scenarios highlighted in the National Risk Register of Civil Emergencies rears it's ugly head.

Prepping, at a basic level at least, is very wise and should be something everyone does. I'm a one man team - I film and edit my own stuff. I'm happy to draw up an agreement that prevents me from publishing your contributions without you signing off the final edit - though ultimately even this relies on trust I suppose. Finally - there is no money because it's BBC News. This isn't a commercial enterprise and whether you contribute or not, whether this film gets made or not, I'll be paid on the 15th of the month. So I'm not getting anything out of this but the satisfaction of cutting through the chaff and working on a subject that interests me.

If there is anyone on here that is remotely interested in at least having a sensible conversation about it, please do drop me a note (adam.paylor@bbc.co.uk).

Thanks again, and all the best.

Ad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi - I'm making a film - can you help? - by AdamBBC - 18 June 2018, 10:16