Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The worst case scenario Survavial handbook "Extreme edition!"
29 January 2012, 15:51,
The worst case scenario Survavial handbook "Extreme edition!"
A small book, about 200 pages of large font broken upwith bullet points and line drawings.

Its the sort of thing you are likely to recieved off a loved one at Christmas "because thats the sort of odd thing you like".

I would say its vaugley silly.. but it does have some actual useful information. It wont however change the way you do things.

The book is broken into different sections so it covers some things like escaping/surviving animal attacks. (elephant stampede, rhino charge, fire ants, wolves, octopus etc and some bullshit vampire stuff.) How to escape situations you hsould never have been in in the first place like surfing accidents, bungie jump, hangliding accidents etc.

There are a few useful bits of advice in here about shelter, what to do in a nuclear attack to avoid fallout, germ spreading during a pandemic, how to prepare a squirrel, minor first aid, environmental disasters such as flash floods, mudslides and what not. There is also a small section at the back about knots.

To be fair its not too bad and was a vaugely entertaining read, but you are obviously much better off buying the small SAS survavial gude which would have all the info you needed in more detail.

AS I said, Im not going to complain too much as I got it as a gift. I expect its the sort of thing found in those gadget shops that pop up around Christmas time to allow relatives to find something other than socks for thier menfolk.