Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Foraging wal in spring?
29 January 2012, 22:29,
Foraging wal in spring?
Does anyone have foraging skills? I'd love to learn about foraging but don't fancy those organised/commercial walks which cost a bomb. I have barter items (or cold hard cash), or basic skills in a couple of things to swap in return for a foraging walk.
29 January 2012, 22:41,
RE: Foraging wal in spring?
(29 January 2012, 22:29)Prep28 Wrote: Does anyone have foraging skills? I'd love to learn about foraging but don't fancy those organised/commercial walks which cost a bomb. I have barter items (or cold hard cash), or basic skills in a couple of things to swap in return for a foraging walk.

Where County wide do you live? most county councils parks or forestry services often run free foraging courses on a sunday

29 January 2012, 22:55,
I'm in Wales atm - I'll check it out thanks.
29 January 2012, 23:45,
There's a GREAT book called...oddly enough "Forgaing". I got it from GoOutdoors and it was really good fun.

Next time AlyBear and I pop out camping (in a couple of weeks time) we'll be focusing more on the foraging aspect, and making pine needle tea and things like that. Also, we've figured out how to get firewood in the wet, and even in the snow, so it's all good!

Probably be dropped in the same place. Taking less equipment this time though. Less clothes, no inflaitable double matress thing, no plates (it's all about the bowls) and drop a couple of other things.
30 January 2012, 12:28,
There's nothing more satisfying than getting a feed for free, and having to pay for it by walking round the countryside is enjoyable. Winter is always a bare month but you can still rustle up something or two. I'm looking to get a Pike or two put away in the freezer, as where i am in East Yorkshire we have good fish stocks. The Wood pigeons this year have been moving around a lot so taking a dozen or so of them will add to the larder. For me it's all about knowing your patch, and understanding the different food available as the seasons change.
2 February 2012, 19:26,
were about in wales are u ????

b/d