Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie from Shropshire
1 January 2022, 21:50,
Newbie from Shropshire
Hi everyone, and New Year Greetings to you all.

I’ve been browsing the site and it’s an absolute treasure-trove of information, congrats to all previous contributors for making this place such an amazing resource.

I live in a very rural part of very rural Shropshire. They say that sheep outnumber people round here, which is just the way I like it.

I’m retired now, but am practising hard to perfect my grumpy old man skills. My main passion in life is motorcycling, though I do a bit of target shooting with air pistol and crossbow in preparation for the Zombie Apocalypse ?

I started prepping just over 18 months ago when I smelled a rat with the massive and co-ordinated over-reaction to coronavirus. I appreciate that some may not share my viewpoint and that’s OK, we can agree to differ – we are all in this together, whatever “this” turns out to be, prepping in our own way for our own reasons.

Looking forward to learning and contributing where I can.
2 January 2022, 09:00,
RE: Newbie from Shropshire
welcome to the forum Bolt, from rural Devon.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 January 2022, 16:44,
Welcome to the Forum, Bolt - from Norfolk. Lots to see here.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
2 January 2022, 22:25,
Hello and welcome to the forum Bolt ! Lots on here for you to enjoy yourself .
2 January 2022, 23:23,
Hello Bolt, I can see that you are new to both retirement and curmudgeon training!

The first rule is; never agree to disagree!

If you are right then the other person is wrong! Simple as that.

If you are right, and they disagree with you they are either evil or stupid, or both.

Over here in the States we refer to them as Democrats.

If you agree to disagree with them they take is as a sign of weakness and try to make you fund their programs!
3 January 2022, 00:40,
Hello and welcome Bolt from London/Kent. Shropshire is a great county.
3 January 2022, 12:57,
(2 January 2022, 23:23)Mortblanc Wrote: Hello Bolt, I can see that you are new to both retirement and curmudgeon training!

If you are right, and they disagree with you they are either evil or stupid, or both.

If you agree to disagree with them they take is as a sign of weakness and try to make you fund their programs!

LOL, I like your style MB ??
3 January 2022, 13:04,
(3 January 2022, 12:57)Bolt Wrote:
(2 January 2022, 23:23)Mortblanc Wrote: Hello Bolt, I can see that you are new to both retirement and curmudgeon training!

LOL, I like your style MB ??

Aah, I see my emojis don’t work on this site! My two ?? were supposed to be thumbs ups
4 January 2022, 13:05,
Hello and Welcome. Glad the sites are of use to you. It is never to late to start prepping. It's just common sense.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 January 2022, 13:59,
(4 January 2022, 13:05)Skean Dhude Wrote: Hello and Welcome. Glad the sites are of use to you. It is never to late to start prepping. It's just common sense.
Amen to that.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.