• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food shortages
8 May 2022, 19:24,
Food shortages
https://www.rt.com/news/555162-german-mi...st-famine/

Interesting article, thoughts ?
8 May 2022, 21:04,
RE: Food shortages
As far as I’m concerned food will be going progressively in short supply as the year grinds on , in fact I see evidence of it most weeks on a local scale and if it’s in stock , prices have increased big time wether it’s a result of inflation or price gauging ....probably both are in play ! ....in any event I am not hanging about wondering or waiting until it’s time to become reactive......I am proactive ! Right now ! ....I would encourage you to do the same, again it’s just my view ....you play it as you see it ! .
9 May 2022, 16:39,
so far I have seen no evidence of food shortages in my neck of the woods, food prices have increased but there is just as much stock on the shelves as there ever was.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 May 2022, 18:31,
Can't say I have seen any evidence of food shortages in this area...yet. I am sure some parts of the world are starting to see problems. We shall no doubt be informed eventually if things start to get crucial.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
9 May 2022, 22:24,
Totally agree, there may be food shortages somewhere but in the early stages of the event the richer countries will be supplied and as time goes on you will see gradual price increases until certain things become unaffordable. I personally doubt food stocks will disappear but some may have to put up with lower quality.
10 May 2022, 14:20,
Almost every large supermarket I've seen recently has lots of gaps, low products, and some products not there at all. I tend to agree with Joe in the sense that the west will likely still have food, but prices will, and already have increased, and choice may likely become more limited. Some people in this country are already going hungry, and poorer countries will likely have a level of starvation, as western countries try to control the food supply chains. That is how I see it currently, but of course add in a natural disaster to that and it could get very bad all over the world.
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!
10 May 2022, 15:11,
I'm doing my monthly Big Shop tomorrow so will have a look, as far as my local corner Co-oP is concerned no shortages.
as for people in the UK starving thats a lot of tosh, most of them just dont know how to budget or they are in heavy credit card debt or both, they all have smartphones and no doubt a computer and large tv at home, its just a matter of priorities and learning how to cook properly not live on take aways and ready meals. I've lived on £40 a week before and that included bills and I never ran out of food, ran out of money sometimes but I always had food.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 May 2022, 23:07,
Umm how long ago was that BP ? £40 a week and all your bills covered including your food, cloths and shoes ....I very much doubt you would achieve that right now pal .

There are many going without food in order to make sure their kids can eat and without the trappings of mobile phones , fags and beer or big screen TVs ....you can not pigeon hole all these people equally ...although there are equally more of the variety you describe for sure ! ....because there’s always been plenty , that’s all they have known ....plenty .....we have known and lived through harder times ....however they are going to learn all about hard times first hand very shortly .......be great full for what you have .
11 May 2022, 11:10,
long time ago that was SS when I got my first Council flat.
this morning Lidl had lots of empty shelves but that was because we went too early and they were still stacking shelves, no such Problem with Asda .
the point about my living on £40 a week was I have known leaner times but I knew how to budget and people didnt have these expensive tech items, this was before mobile phones and wifi and big screen tv's, heck I still had a portable Black and White tv back then.
11 May 2022, 15:00,
That’s why I asked BP to compare the relevance of £40 in today’s terms , .....it’s a different world now BP ....and I see the same things you see .....but as I have already said there are many cases of genuine needs and desperate people without any of the things you have described ....we should not tar everyone with the same brush is all I’m saying .