Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family life on benefits
2 February 2012, 13:35,
Family life on benefits
Did you read this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16812185
Don't be to hard on the guy after all he is working hard to not work.
2 February 2012, 14:18,
RE: Family life on benefits
The whole benefits system needs scrapping. When hard working people on less money have to pay to keep someone else on more money than they have. £26K being the average salary there is something wrong. It was meant to be a safety net.

I'm a supporter of a Cotizens Income.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 February 2012, 16:08,
I notice that they can afford booze and cigarettes. They are very lucky to have this amount. I know people who are unfortunate to be pensioners with minimum pension who cannot afford cigarettes or a can of beer. Kenneth Eames.
2 February 2012, 20:47, (This post was last modified: 2 February 2012, 20:52 by Lincolnoldie.)
(2 February 2012, 14:18)Skean Dhude Wrote: The whole benefits system needs scrapping. When hard working people on less money have to pay to keep someone else on more money than they have. £26K being the average salary there is something wrong. It was meant to be a safety net.

I'm a supporter of a Cotizens Income.
Sounds interesting - haven't come acroos the term "Citizen's INcome" before. I think I may know what it means but would you explain?

£32 perweek mobile phones sounds interesting. Absolutely essential to spend so much?!?
Ditto Sky TV, 200 cigarettes and lager!!
These are not essential to Life.
2 February 2012, 22:10,
if you get rid of his fags, booze, sky and mobile phone bullshit he can live under the £26k easily as he saves like £90 a week.

£32 a week is crap yeah, he could geta Iphone 4s on the all you can eat plan for £35 a month and share that between everyone.
3 February 2012, 10:52,
i have lived on Jobseekers Allowance, £50 per week +rent +council tax, and i STILL managed to save £10 per week and pay my water rates, AND rent a garage AND run a motor bike!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2012, 12:30,
BP,

Citizens income is where we all get an income from the state. Everyone with an NI number gets a sum every month to live on. Lets say £14Kpa. However, there are no more benefits. No child allowance, no Job Seekers, no tax credits. This means no army of beaurocrats means testing everyone on salaries of up to £150Kpa. A simple computer program looked after by a very few civil servants making the payments.

This means everyone is looked after no matter what and those that want more to give themselves a better standard of living can go and work. They pay tax on this income. The benefits are, savings because no pen pushers to be paid, well besides the other ones, people don't have their benefits stopped and suffer hardship because the DWP is inept. people no longer need to bring kids into the world to ensure the milk is flowing. In fact it should encourage less from the feckless. Incentives matter, as having a child will reduce your free money and we know many have kids to increase it. There is data available out there on it. I think it is in the manifesto of the Libertarian Party as well. No other party wants it because it does not give them a means to control their voters.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 February 2012, 13:03,
(3 February 2012, 12:30)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP,

Citizens income is where we all get an income from the state. Everyone with an NI number gets a sum every month to live on. Lets say £14Kpa. However, there are no more benefits. No child allowance, no Job Seekers, no tax credits. This means no army of beaurocrats means testing everyone on salaries of up to £150Kpa. A simple computer program looked after by a very few civil servants making the payments.

This means everyone is looked after no matter what and those that want more to give themselves a better standard of living can go and work. They pay tax on this income. The benefits are, savings because no pen pushers to be paid, well besides the other ones, people don't have their benefits stopped and suffer hardship because the DWP is inept. people no longer need to bring kids into the world to ensure the milk is flowing. In fact it should encourage less from the feckless. Incentives matter, as having a child will reduce your free money and we know many have kids to increase it. There is data available out there on it. I think it is in the manifesto of the Libertarian Party as well. No other party wants it because it does not give them a means to control their voters.
sounds good to me but i think your replying to the wrong person SD, i believe it was Lincolnoldie that asked the question. we are on pension credit ourselves.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 February 2012, 16:42,
Lincolnoldie,, BP,

Sorry about the mix up. My apologies.
Skean Dhude
4 March 2012, 19:00,
Though those that are boozing, making children like rats and smoking who are on benefits are always sensationalised in the paper.

There are some people who I know are on benefits (incapcity / who have cancer and other health issues) and they check the meter everyday so see if they can afford to put on the heating. Because yes they may get free travel (disability pass) they have to take a minicab because of pain/mobility etc which eats up their money not to mention the cost of food for health eating which is so important if you have cancer. (All the sweet unhealthy food is nice and cheap) So there is a flip side to what is not really shown in the press. (social manipulation)

Though I agree that there should be a cap at £26,000 I would have gone one further and capped child benefit for 2 children - If a family wants to have 5/10/15 then that's nothing to do with the state - go find a job to support all these children.