Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How long do you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Everyone,

Quick discussion that will provide interesting insights and opinions on the subject.

How long do you think we have until a major event rocks the status quo?
Why do you think that timescale?

Also, what are you doing about it?

My answers, I think 6 months until a major war could break out. So I'm uping my food storage after I move into my new place. That is my shortest time scale. I want to have all the basics in place by then.

My longest time scale is 3-5 years. I think general civil unrest and the hatred for the government are major issues that will cause this collapse.

My reasoning for the 6 months: The situation in Iran, Egypt, and with Israel. That's waiting to go pop, and the latest report of Israel and Egypt going snap is the main reason for this. Also I think Iran are just stalling until they have weapons ready, but that is based on no fact what so ever.

What I'm doing is increasing my food storage, learning basic bushcraft skills in the next 3 months, becoming fit and healthy again, and uping my equipment stocks and knowledge of use.
How long is a piece of string? it could kick off at any minute.
If you prepare for today then you will be ready tomorrow, if you prepare for an event 6 months down the line and it happens tomorrow you will be buggered.

Equally we have some preppers like those on the Nat Geo TV series who are preparing for Dec 21, or a Mega quake, or a Super tsunami or some other specific event. But what happens if another type of lesser but equally dangerous disaster overwhelming you months before the event you are expecting.
N.R. Says"If you prepare for today then you will be ready tomorrow, if you prepare for an event 6 months down the line and it happens tomorrow you will be buggered.

Equally we have some preppers like those on the Nat Geo TV series who are preparing for Dec 21, or a Mega quake, or a Super tsunami or some other specific event. But what happens if another type of lesser but equally dangerous disaster overwhelming you months before the event you are expecting."

I say similar in that if your prepared, it doesnt matter when or if it happens your ready.
I do get kinda frustrated sometimes, in that I've got a feeling that somethings going on or going to happen but I dont know what, where or when. Maybe thats just the prepper jitter bug I dont know but as times been progressing I feel more jittery for some reason... probably to much coffee!!Big Grin
I get what you're all saying, but how many have completed all their preps and are ready? Probably not many.

That is why I'm asking this question.

We are all preparing for slightly different, but similar things, and no doubt many of the same things.

What I'm asking is how long do you think it will be until you'll have to dig into your preps?

I don't mean, need to use a FAK, or something small. I mean, when something nationwide happens. When do people expect that to happen?
I dont think any serious prepper is ever fully ready, some get reasonably satified with preps, others get disallusioned, others are not prepping for armageddon, I'm living off my preps right now, bacon grill for dinner today.
(23 February 2012, 13:39)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think any serious prepper is ever fully ready, some get reasonably satified with preps, others get disallusioned, others are not prepping for armageddon, I'm living off my preps right now, bacon grill for dinner today.

That makes sense.

But the question still remains, when do people expect something to happen haha.
Everyone is similar but different. No one knows!! "Be prepared"

Don't focus too much on any particular theme, just keep abreast of ongoing events. Everyone has different resouces available to utilize. Don't worry about it too much, just keep on developing your preps. Every little bit helps.

If you are querying the possible timeline for a major event, then specifically ask about a certain subject area. There are many. Regards, TL.
Is it the middle east and financial subjects you are looking at - as you discussed originally? :-)
20 weeks 14 hours 17 minutes and 55 seconds.
I'm kind of surprised by the response this thread has recieved.

I was more looking for people saying things like: I expect within the next 5 years, etc.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4