Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Sick!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(27 April 2012, 10:22)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 April 2012, 10:11)Prep Girl Wrote: [ -> ]I can show you in public what others think of you if you wish?
Maybe he can do the same to you?

The thing is mate, it's not my style and I don't try to make people look bad or give negative feedback. I've not said a single bad word about anyone on this forum, and I don't intend to start now. Each and every to their own.

As PG said:

(27 April 2012, 10:11)Prep Girl Wrote: [ -> ]since the row I have not made one comment on any thing you have posted

So, for me, the issue is over. People have their opinions and are allowed to believe so.
(27 April 2012, 10:34)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]PG, if you were trying to prove a point about how Muslims in the UK treat women, maybe this would have been a more fitting story to link to? As it has actually happened, and it's in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-der...e-11799797

I think that's another thread mate. It's already been posted on an older thread about a month ago. It's old news.
(27 April 2012, 10:34)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 April 2012, 10:34)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]PG, if you were trying to prove a point about how Muslims in the UK treat women, maybe this would have been a more fitting story to link to? As it has actually happened, and it's in the UK

I think that's another thread mate. It's already been posted on an older thread about a month ago. It's old news.

Indeed it is. Just seems to me to fit the whole point of this thread better than the story used in the OP, in that it's something that has occurred in the UK, directly affecting families here Smile
(27 April 2012, 10:38)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]

Indeed it is. Just seems to me to fit the whole point of this thread better than the story used in the OP, in that it's something that has occurred in the UK, directly affecting families here Smile

Fair comment. But if PG wants to post something we're not interested in, then we shouldn't react negatively to what another prepper posts, whether we think it's BS or not. It's best to have manners and not criticise others and cause issues. That kind of thing causes more problems and it doesn't help people learn, grow, or develop.

As far as I'm concerned, and hopefully you are as well mate, this thread is hijacked and dead.
(27 April 2012, 10:43)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 April 2012, 10:38)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]

Fair comment. But if PG wants to post something we're not interested in, then we shouldn't react negatively to what another prepper posts, whether we think it's BS or not. It's best to have manners and not criticise others and cause issues. That kind of thing causes more problems and it doesn't help people learn, grow, or develop.

As far as I'm concerned, and hopefully you are as well mate, this thread is hijacked and dead.

You are correct sir. apologies all round.
So why did you do just that Scythe? you came on and said you can't see what this has to do with survival, even after I explained my reasoning YOU still picked holes! and you did it after you had been asked to leave it so practice what you preach mate!
(27 April 2012, 00:33)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you had ignored me? Please re-ignore me.

If you really want to know, because it's an irrelevance towards the UK prepper scene. If we were in Egypt, it would make sense. But the fact is Muslim culture says men have more rights than women, so posting about a news article that has no effect in the UK is simply an empty post depicting hate. The article Binary posted was spot on, it was UK relevant, and worth a read. If posting against Muslim views is important, quote the Koran and criticise that. But this is not the forum to speak about religious differences, about zenophobic dislikes, and about things that have no baring on prepping.

Yes I think it's bad. Yes, I also try to see their point of view. But the fact of the matter is, it's not prepper/survivalist related.
A change in Egyptian law does not effect the UK.
Okay, some changed do. But this is not one of them.
The last thing I have to say on this matter is... this all started with me pointing out that you haven't actually done some of the things you advice others to do, you blow from your backside like your some kind of expert which can be dangerous to knew preppers, you were also pulled up about this kind of posting on P2S and later banned
you PM'd me and asked me why and I told you in a PM! next thing you were accusing me of being fake and pretending to check my IP addy and finding it odd that I was gona leave so you must be right and I was here from P2S just cause you trouble and a load of other shit so I blocked you so I didn't have to read your stupid PM's and get wound up, you are not as smart as you think you are and you piss people off with your crap I'm just the only one with the balls to say it to your face, I was quite happy to talk around you, I have stayed off your post and not said a word but your just one of these people that thinks your right all the time and no matter how many times your told to leave some thing you just have to keep talking, yak yak yak I'm not gona read your PM coz I'm not interesting in any thing you have to say, you get me?
(27 April 2012, 11:26)Prep Girl Wrote: [ -> ]The last thing I have to say on this matter is... this all started with me pointing out that you haven't actually done some of the things you advice others to do, you blow from your backside like your some kind of expert which can be dangerous to knew preppers, you were also pulled up about this kind of posting on P2S and later banned
you PM'd me and asked me why and I told you in a PM! next thing you were accusing me of being fake and pretending to check my IP addy and finding it odd that I was gona leave so you must be right and I was here from P2S just cause you trouble and a load of other shit so I blocked you so I didn't have to read your stupid PM's and get wound up, you are not as smart as you think you are and you piss people off with your crap I'm just the only one with the balls to say it to your face, I was quite happy to talk around you, I have stayed off your post and not said a word but your just one of these people that thinks your right all the time and no matter how many times your told to leave some thing you just have to keep talking, yak yak yak I'm not gona read your PM coz I'm not interesting in any thing you have to say, you get me?

I never said you came here to hassle me. But you have proven me right that you are from P2S, thanks for admitting that. The thing about the IP was just seeing how you would react, and you reacted how I expected you to. I don't think you came here to hassle me. I believe you were on this forum before me, so it wouldn't make sense to make such a claim. If you are here just to hassle me, then that's a really sad state of affairs.

You're right, I was called out on P2S. Oddly enough I went camping and when I got back, they had banned me. Shockingly, everything they said was unfounded and all the things they called me out on were proven wrong and photographed as such. But people don't like evidence against their beliefs. Everytime I'm called out, I set up and prove my words. G79 called me out on Sunday and I'm going to take that challenge up. It's something I've been thinking about for a while, and I really look forward to it.

The stuff I say is simply recycled knowledge from other preppers. If someone says something and it makes sense, I'll impart that knowledge to another person. It's called learning. The rest of the stuff is normally pretty obvious when you see something from a different view point.

The PM you're ignoring simply said 'Please Ignore Me'. The title of the PM was please ignore me and that was really all it said inside the message. You said you blocked/ignored me, but you're blatently just reading my messages. I'm not ignoring you because sometimes you have decent stuff to post about.

I've not said a single negative word to you or about you on this forum. Yet you continue to make personal attacks against me, my character, and things like that. There is really no need to be that way, and a mature conversation, instead of negative insults, could solve the problem or get to know each other better and thus resolve our differences. If you're not willing to enter into decent civilised conversation, then seriously, just click that ignore button.
Please don't openly lie to people:
You have one unread private message from Prep Girl titled Re: Please Ignore Me
Thanks for the reply PG

Prep Girl Wrote:
Scythe13 Wrote:Please Just Ignore Me.

If you don't like what I say, ignore me and don't comment on my posts of opinions.

You need to take a little look at yourself and see what we all see!

Re: not just me
To: Prep Girl

Prep Girl Wrote:Scythe
Now you can see why he left P2S and was later banned.
He's a very poor role model for any prepper and is so full of dangerous opinions that he tries to pass on as fact that he is dangerous to new preppers.
He also tells a lot of lies.
When on P2S he was advised against what he wanted to do.
He was going to have a mate drop him and his girlfreind off in the woods,blindfolded and stay for a weekend and then they'd make their way home.
He went on to say that neither had been camping before which later changed to his girl friend suddenly being an expert.
The boy is dangerous to himself and others.

Re: leaving
i agree with you s... well i am prepping for my son but i am struggling getting my head round why scythe keeps posting about his mma and training ... it dont help me prep ... or his alibear ( i assume its his ex) i got visions of him being a lonely guy overweight living a fantasy on here

Glad you stayed.
Just to say I'm glad you decided to stay. I would have hated to see you go
Had to laugh at what Stokeys son put, he was bang on the money with his description of S13. I think himself didn't realise it was him!

Re: hi

he really rattled you some people are like that love to hear there own voice
have you spoke to sd about him
he seems to say one thing on the public forum and then having ago at you in the pm side were are u thinking of going ??
there aint that many good sites

Re: I'm starting to lose it
the guy is a total prick that I think 95% of the forum can see or should see, the other 5% are as dumb as him, its best not to waste effort on the fellow.

Saying one thing on the forum, then doing completely the opposite isn't cool.
And still, I'm not going to start slagging you off, calling you names, or anything like that. Simply because, that's not the right thing to do. It wouldn't be constructive nor would it help other preppers.

Calling up PM's people have sent is fair enough. People are allowed their opinions and if they have those views, they are more than welcome to say them to me. But if they're sharing those comments with you, it's really uncool to post them to me when you're telling everyone that you've left it and you're ignoring the message I sent asking for you to ignore me.
(27 April 2012, 11:44)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 April 2012, 11:26)Prep Girl Wrote: [ -> ]you haven't actually done some of the things you advice others to do, you blow from your backside like your some kind of expert which can be dangerous to knew preppers, you were also pulled up about this kind of posting on P2S and later banned

You're right, I was called out on P2S. Oddly enough I went camping and when I got back, they had banned me. Shockingly, everything they said was unfounded and all the things they called me out on were proven wrong and photographed as such.

I wasn't going to post on this thread again, as I was hoping, in vain, that it had died the slow and painful death that such tosh deserves, but...

I read the thread that got Scythe booted. He posted a thread about being dropped off in the woods, minimal kit, not knowing his exact location, staying for a few nights and walking back to civilisation. Something any adult should be capable of doing. Some of the members on there took umbrage to this, advising that he would die, what he was doing was irresponsible and dangerous, mountain rescue would have to be called, putting people in danger etc etc. Basically saying the same kind of thing as PG - that what he was doing was dangerous for new preppers and he was full of the proverbial.

Obviously Scythe survived. In fact he did extremely well if I remember correctly - even if his hair did look a bit dodgy in the photos Wink

Turns out that people who nay-say are normally the kind of people who don't have the ability / skills to do the same, or are just "arm-chair preppers" as our Northern friend likes to call them.
From my experience people who accuse others of "blowing smoke" are often unable to match the persons level of knowledge / expertise in these fields, and as such feel the only thing they can do is say "I don't believe you, blah blah blah", "you're full of shit, blah blah blah" which not only underlines the fact that the nay-sayer doesn't know what's they're talking about, but also makes them look stupid.

I believe there are quite a few of those comments on this thread Rolleyes

Just my 2 pence worth.
That's a fair opinion there Binary Ninja.

Well, in a few hours I'm off out into the woods again, because G79 called me out on a really cool challenge! I think it'll be fun to post another experience and the lessons learned in the "Users Experience" section.

Each person can say what they want about anyone else. If someone things negatively towards me, that's their feeling and who am I to say they are wrong. If they say something about me as a person that can be proven wrong, then that's another matter. We are all entitled to our own opinions. We are not entitled to our own facts.

Getting out and having a go is crucial towards developing and becoming a good prepper. So this hoohar is actually a good thing. It's highlighting the principles that prepping is about doing, not about rhetoric.

Really, this thread has the potential to really help so many people develop and become better preppers! Getting people to actually look at the things they're doing and the preps they're making in the light of their ability to deal with the situations.

Yes I talk about mma and fitness a lot, because I believe they are critical survival skills. Although it is a wrong 'direct quote' as Darwin listed many other attributes and fittest was somewhere in the middle (other attributes he said included, fastest, strongest, and quickest to adapt) he has been coined with the phrase "Survival of the fittest" so, considering that MMA uses Cross-Fit, which has been adopted by the military special forces, for many of it's elite fitness work-outs, I think Darwin and his theory would be proud of those posts. Also...oddly enough, talking about MMA and actually training in it is a BRILLIANT survival technique. If you get attacked, it's better to run, but if you can't, knowing what to do is a HUGE survival technique.

For whoever it was that said they are prepping for their son, learning a martial art is a fantastic thing that teaches "Disaprin" (check Team America for translation haha), fitness, self defense, self control, motor-skills (hand eye coordination), it teaches you your physical abilities and limits, it teahes commoradre, and builds really strong bonds between people. Also, having a bunch of fighters as a part of your survival network can't be a bad thing haha. That is something massively recommended, and anyone that has done a martial art and stuck at it will agree. One of the groups I used to work with had kids as young as 9 training. Although some martial arts take kids younger than that.

With the number of people on this forum, it's expected that not everyone will get along. In my opinion, being mature about not getting along is more important than being negative about another person. The thing is, there is an ignore button you can press.

But this thread opens up a whole load of questions and challenges.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6