Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Where do you live ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just out of interest I thought it would be good to have an idea of what sort of area everyone lives in, rural, suburbia, city etc. Lots of topics end up saying city life is crap, you will only survive in rural areas. Personally i can see pros and cons for both options, rural much better but cities not complete death traps either. There must be hundreds of members of the site, they cant all be living in a rural paradise

Anyways, where do you live ?
Basically I live in what once was a village but has now been swallowed up by the suburbs of a small city
I live outside of Taunton, Somerset.
in a modern "dolly" house on a housing estate, outside of a small rural market town, surrounded by farms, fields of sheep and cattle, in the middle of rural North Devon.
small rural village Big Grin plenty of farms and parks round this neck of the woods ^^
isn't a village no matter how small semi rural , where a house out on its own is the only truly rural plus ?
i wouldnt say so myself, i consider where i am to be rural, guess it depends on your definition Tongue we dont have more than a hundred people where i am, whereas some villages can easily exceed 200 or 300 Tongue
When I put up the options I was assuming a village to be semi rural, and rural to be a small hamlet/very small village miles from anywhere
No fishing village up there I see? Wink
wells i cant revote now Tongue
(2 November 2012, 13:04)IB1 Wrote: [ -> ]When I put up the options I was assuming a village to be semi rural, and rural to be a small hamlet/very small village miles from anywhere

thats what i was thinking the closet village to us only have 40 houses and a pub and a shop come post office always classed as semi rural , wear as we are about 2 miles from them and rural Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4