Survival UK Forums

Full Version: WHAT MUSIC WILL YOU TAKE WITH YOU ON YOUR MP3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Like I said even off duty you should be lending an ear, even when your relaxing just in case your sentry's fell asleep...
People seem to think post shtf living is going to be just like normal with a bit of discomfort.
Think like that and your dead.
No mans a mountain as they say but when do you really think it'll be safe enough for you to relax enough to listen to a bit of jazz or whatever?
Yup and here is you assuming you know better than everyone else and assume WRONGLY that the members are daft enough to be listening to music on guard duty.

There WILL be a VERY strong need after TSHTF to destress and help family and group members unwind, books, music, writing, singing, chatting, boozing, prayer etc all all fundamental parts. Familiarity and comfort will be equal parts of coping with the after affects of TSHTF. A good balanced selection of music is going to be as vital to preppers laying low possibly for weeks on end as is books. Unless of course you intend on playing rambo for six months until you have a breakdown????
(12 November 2012, 12:35)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said even off duty you should be lending an ear, even when your relaxing just in case your sentry's fell asleep...
People seem to think post shtf living is going to be just like normal with a bit of discomfort.
No mans a mountain as they say but when do you really think it'll be safe enough for you to relax enough to listen to a bit of jazz or whatever?

AGAIN you are assuming much and being wrong, You going to have wives, kids, granny etc constantly listening out for hypothetical bad guys who may or may not be stalking you !!! God knows how your psyche works but I'm glad you aint my problem.
(12 November 2012, 12:35)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said even off duty you should be lending an ear, even when your relaxing just in case your sentry's fell asleep...

So no listening in for news reports / making contact on the ham radio as you can't listen to that and lend an ear with guard duty, can you?

You think it's going to be continuous warfare, pretty much, ongoing from the time TSHFT?
You and BP may as well shoot yourself now cos your going to be living in terror of every strange noise after TSHTF. Smile
The primary object of prepping is survival, the secondary one is the maintain continuitity and normality. Gimme a few months after TSHTF and if things suit me I will be listening to music but keeping a bow close to hand, what I wont be doing is surrendering to blind fear and living like a hunted animal.
(12 November 2012, 12:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Yup and here is you assuming you know better than everyone else and assume WRONGLY that the members are daft enough to be listening to music on guard duty.

There WILL be a VERY strong need after TSHTF to destress and help family and group members unwind, books, music, writing, singing, chatting, boozing, prayer etc all all fundamental parts. Familiarity and comfort will be equal parts of coping with the after affects of TSHTF. A good balanced selection of music is going to be as vital to preppers laying low possibly for weeks on end as is books. Unless of course you intend on playing rambo for six months until you have a breakdown????

Theres no terror involved N.R.
When you were in the Army in enemy territory, could you sing and dance?
Play mp3's
No.
How quickly you forget what hostile territory we'll ALL be living in post shtf.

Really N.R. SINGING etc...
You really do want to attract all the arseholes from miles around then?

Look up the definition of laying low...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...ying%20low

just chilling, trying not to draw attention to yourself so you don't get noticed or so certain people can't find you.

Really you dont think theres that many bad guys around?

Theres enough of them around now.

Ther'd be hundreds if not thousands post shtf looking for food, equipment and clothing etc...
when TSHTF the LAST thing we will be doing will be singing, dancing and listening to music!Big Grin
Anyway that's just my thought on what post shtf will be like, no offense meant, don't have a coronary about it folks, I just think entertainment would be way way waaaaaaaaaaaaay down the line.

Like I said, there's no fear involved, fears not a required survival trait.
Fear gets you killed.
Planning and being extra cautious doesn't make me fearful, its makes me careful.
I'm sure lots wouldn't like to belong to my group with the enhanced security we'll be doing for the first 6 months to a year.

AND I wouldn't like to belong to a more relaxed group.

Horses for courses and all that.

REMEMBER WERE ALL ALLOWED OUR OWN OPINIONS ABOUT THINGS AND IF WE DONT WANT TO HEAR OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS ABOUT OUR PREPS, WE SHOULDN'T HAVE OPINIONS ABOUT THEIRS.
Lack of security is what gets our boys killed in afghan.

You see those policemen that shoot our boys?

I'd have a team member, one up the spout, watching them always, quietly, secretively, ready for when they tried anything for instant return fire, maybe if the ruperts would have been more security conscious we wouldn't have lost some of our lads there in that sad way.
I respect EVERYONE's views on this site, we might not agree ALL the time but i think everyone has a right to their own opinions no matter what that opinion is.Big Grin
Has anyone thought about storing digital information long term? The only real wau I can think of is memorysticks, Ipod with spare batteries, an Ebook reader and a solar charger.
An iPod with batteries? Showing your age there Tibbs, haha I'm kidding mate. I know what you mean.

In regards to long term storage, I've got a load of stuff on 4 memory sticks, but I want to get more and store more stuff.

With the interesting argument about listening to music. I think the wife would really suffer (more so) without music. It allows her to unwind. Personally, I don't care for or against music. It doesn't effect me either way. So I doubt I'll be listening to anything post SHTF, same as I wouldn't be listening before...like today.

If people want to have headphones in, that's fine. But if anyone is keeping their eyes open, guarding or the alike, then no music at all!!! When they're in their room, or in the kitchen, music is fine. One headphone, 2 heaphones, or even having it quietly in the background. Nothing too loud though, as our group has little'n's.

Keeping the volume down will let people unwind, relax, and the alike. It will provide a level of normality to the group. However, if people start being noisy, it'll be music off or headphones on.

With the thought of attracting people to an area, it might be worth setting up a speaker some distance off and using that to attract people to that area. From there you have a pretty good way to distract people and move them away from your position......but you could also be banding people together that might start working in a community. Who knows?!?! Could be more of an issue than initially expected.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5