Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What's your Luxury?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm sure this thread has already been done, but I'm going to redo it, because there are a load of new people, and I'd love some new ideas (views can change over time).

I'm sat here drinking some Havana Rum Coffee (it's fricking well fit!!!!) and I'm thinking "Scythe13, you seen to start stocking up on this beast of a beverage!" Which then got me thinking about what everyone else will be hoarding for their luxuries list.

A couple in a news article a while back opened their prepper doors to the DailyFail, and we all laughed that they had about 7 bottles of champagne.

What will be your luxuries and what luxuries have you stored already?
(6 December 2012, 10:10)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this thread has already been done, but I'm going to redo it, because there are a load of new people, and I'd love some new ideas (views can change over time).

I'm sat here drinking some Havana Rum Coffee (it's fricking well fit!!!!) and I'm thinking "Scythe13, you seen to start stocking up on this beast of a beverage!" Which then got me thinking about what everyone else will be hoarding for their luxuries list.

A couple in a news article a while back opened their prepper doors to the DailyFail, and we all laughed that they had about 7 bottles of champagne.

What will be your luxuries and what luxuries have you stored already?

bog roll and candy have lots of them oh yeah tooth paste
for me it has to be tea either yorkshire tea or tetley tea
A car is probably a luxury to most people, but around here its a blooming NECCESSITY !Big Grin
Tea and coffee

I guess
Great answer by Tigs!
Sitting in a SHTF situation enjoying a cup of tea.

BB, pretty good answer with the candy and toothpaste, but bog roll is a necessity! I'm a bottom-snob! Aloe-Vera, scented, and triple layered quilted effect for my cheeks!!!

BP, as you've said, a car is a necessity! Redo your answer young sir!

I-K-E, You seem to have been caught off guard with your answer. Let's not be guessing! Let's have definite luxuries!!!

Isn't anyone stocking those Heinz pudding-in-a-tin things? (yes I am, but have only started that recently, so 4 isn't really much progress haha)
Oh, and I-K-E, the reason Tigs' answer is a good one, Tigs has specifically named the Tea of choice.

Think of it as in, I have coffee, or I have Vanilla Infused Double Strength Expresso Blend. See the difference?

I like NR's idea of Survive or Thrive.

Time to pump up the luxury stores!
Only just started prepping so I'm more worried about getting the main foods stocked up

mind you a extra packet of tea bags (tetley is the only one for me, if I have a choice) was one of the first thing we got
Coffee
(6 December 2012, 10:39)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Great answer by Tigs!

BB, pretty good answer with the candy and toothpaste, but bog roll is a necessity! I'm a bottom-snob! Aloe-Vera, scented, and triple layered quilted effect for my cheeks!!!

I-K-E, You seem to have been caught off guard with your answer. Let's not be guessing! Let's have definite luxuries!!!

Isn't anyone stocking those Heinz pudding-in-a-tin things? (yes I am, but have only started that recently, so 4 isn't really much progress haha)
Oh, and I-K-E, the reason Tigs' answer is a good one, Tigs has specifically named the Tea of choice.

Think of it as in, I have coffee, or I have Vanilla Infused Double Strength Expresso Blend. See the difference?

what till it starts running out pal then its a luxury Smile
(6 December 2012, 10:51)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]

Time to pump up the luxury stores
fuck me my spelling needs looking at wait till the bog roll starts running out or cant get any more then its a luxurySmile
wait till it starts running out or cant get bog roll any more then its a luxurySmile

(6 December 2012, 10:51)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Scythe13' pid='37399' dateline='1354786785']
Great answer by Tigs!

fuck me my spelling needs looking at wait till the bog roll starts running out or cant get any more then its a luxurySmile
wait till it starts running out or cant get bog roll any more then its a luxurySmile

(6 December 2012, 10:51)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Scythe13' pid='37399' dateline='1354786785']
Great answer by Tigs!

Great answer by Tigs!

Great answer by Tigs!

I get what you said BB

"Wait til it starts running out. Then it's a luxury"

That's a fair point. But it's a regular prep, in my view, so wouldn't be considered a luxury, if that makes sense? In that sense, all preps are luxury, in which case BP's car would be a luxury....which it would....until it started running out, or failing, or out of fuel.

I know one guy that is stocking up on mints! But having found a packet of mints the other day, from about a year ago, they are too soft and yucky! Not recommended.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6