Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Who Has A Berkefeld?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I play safe and every couple of months give both containers a wash out with soap and water. I have not yet found a copper tap to use.
I've just ordered one, cheers for the heads up Dev.

My wife was very much against the idea of one roughly a year ago so I started us using only britta type filtered water (supermarket own make) for all of our drinking & cooking. Since switching to only filtered water, you can certainly taste the difference when having tap water. The only trouble is remembering to top up the jugs.

I finally converted her on the basis of 2 jugs each using a filter every month is £120 a year. The twin candle ATC model was £80.50 incl p&p. It holds more, is cheaper & I've got her to get another prep item without her realising. Can't wait for delivery now Smile
Problem is Brita filters only improve taste, they don't remove pathogens and nasties so you have done the right thing in going with a Berkfield

Guys please check out AVONSOFT in Somerset for Berkfield gear its often cheaper than Amazon.
I got her using the filter jugs to put her off tap water taste. Now she's relented & let me order the berkefeld, even if it tastes worse & she wants to keep the jugs, we aren't getting rid of it. So either way I've got it sorted.

Regarding Avonsoft, the price of the berkefeld + vat + delivery is more expensive than amazon when I ordered tonight, but the replacement ATC candles are a lot cheaper from Avonsoft than anywhere else that I can see.
(7 December 2014, 00:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Guys please check out AVONSOFT in Somerset for Berkfield gear its often cheaper than Amazon.

Yep did that, Amazon (Osmio Water Filters) is about £10 cheaper than AvonSoft at the moment.
Cool good find Dev, I usually get my extra filter candles from Avonsoft when they have a sale on.
(7 December 2014, 00:17)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Cool good find Dev, I usually get my extra filter candles from Avonsoft when they have a sale on.

Yep I'll keep my eyes open and see what comes along (sale wise)........
Midnites right

about 18 months on one candle here and still going strong.

2 to 4 litres per day is usual usage, just to keep it operational

When candles get discoloured, flow rate drops. Scouring the candle restores flow to normal.
Mine got delivered today & it's currently filtering it's 1st run of water. Can't wait to get it all set & running.

Question to the regular users of these. How many runs of water do I put through to discard before I can start drinking it? Thanks in advance.
We put two complete refills through ours and then started consuming... no ill effects so far:-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11