Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Who Has A Berkefeld?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Guys the defective filter candles were only supplied in the US built under licence for BERKY not Berkfield. ours have not had any problems as far as I know.
(10 August 2013, 20:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Guys the defective filter candles were only supplied in the US built under licence for BERKY not Berkfield. ours have not had any problems as far as I know.

I think you are right NR. The problem we were referring to affects only the Black Berky filtres not the Berkefeld ones.
Thats what they say on S Boards the problem is entirely of sub standard or defective black elements sold to Berky in the US.
(11 August 2013, 09:36)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 August 2013, 20:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Guys the defective filter candles were only supplied in the US built under licence for BERKY not Berkfield. ours have not had any problems as far as I know.

I think you are right NR. The problem we were referring to affects only the Black Berky filtres not the Berkefeld ones.

I've checked with Berky, the problem was limited (so they tell me) to the long stem black elements, which are not made any more. So, unless you can tell me otherwise, these should be good to use.
I understood that the Berkefelds use Dalton ceramic filters as OEM but that the black candles made for the Berky brand water filter will aslo fit.

Did I get that right????????????????????????????????????
Dunno about interchangability TBH, ??
May seem a daft question here but does anyone know if the berkfields will get rid of methane & other fracking related crap in the water?

I've seen the YouTube videos of people in the USA setting water on fire. The thought of drinking flammable liquids & giving it to my kids to drink isn't all that appealing if I'm honest. I'm just thinking of planning ahead since its coming regardless.
Methane is a gas so no a berky wont remove it, but it will evoporate from the water itself, any solids or particultes will be removed.

I wont bother trying to explain the crap that is being spouted by the anti frackers you appear to have already decided, but you already get far worse much in your water from Chernobyl or from pesticides.
Just now ordered from Avonsoft so many thanks to all for all the info!

NB - only difference between the SS2 and SS4 is that the SS4 takes 4 candles and the SS2 takes 2, both same body. However, the SS2 has two rubber bungs that you can take out and it then becomes the SS4. If, for some reason you want to order the SS4 and use it as a SS2, Avonsoft will include the bungs foc but you have to request it. As there is only 2p difference in the price (ie SS2 + two spare candles vs SS4), I've ordered the SS2 plus two spare candle filters to ensure there's no mistake I get the bungs.
(29 August 2013, 10:33)Nix Wrote: [ -> ]Just now ordered from Avonsoft so many thanks to all for all the info!

NB - only difference between the SS2 and SS4 is that the SS4 takes 4 candles and the SS2 takes 2, both same body. However, the SS2 has two rubber bungs that you can take out and it then becomes the SS4. If, for some reason you want to order the SS4 and use it as a SS2, Avonsoft will include the bungs foc but you have to request it. As there is only 2p difference in the price (ie SS2 + two spare candles vs SS4), I've ordered the SS2 plus two spare candle filters to ensure there's no mistake I get the bungs.

Using my SS4 permanently now Nix and configured with just 1 candle it has been managing drinking water needs for up to three of us this summer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11