Survival UK Forums

Full Version: uk bug out, how long would you last ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
living where I do I figured I've already bugged outBig Grin
I'm too old to bug out and I like my creature comforts. Yes I know that post TU, they aint going to be there.
Much prefer to BUG-IN and defend the castle. If it really looks like my castle is likely to fall, then probably escape through back fields until we can reach another unoccupied castle and resettle.
that is what most people will do, bugging out is only an act of last resort.
Im planning on bugging in, my fall back plan, is to either bug in to my place of work, or a nice little victorian era mill, converted into a industrial estate. tall walls, internal pond, and well.
(10 June 2013, 09:41)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]I'm too old to bug out and I like my creature comforts. Yes I know that post TU, they aint going to be there.
Much prefer to BUG-IN and defend the castle. If it really looks like my castle is likely to fall, then probably escape through back fields until we can reach another unoccupied castle and resettle.

Aye but strugling to survive in comfortable and familiar surroundings gives you a great emotional boost and helps preserve your moral. its a better bet than struggling in a strange or hostile or unfamiliar environment.
(10 June 2013, 12:32)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 June 2013, 09:41)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]I'm too old to bug out and I like my creature comforts. Yes I know that post TU, they aint going to be there.

Aye but strugling to survive in comfortable and familiar surroundings gives you a great emotional boost and helps preserve your moral. its a better bet than struggling in a strange or hostile or unfamiliar environment.

Moral is a very strong survival tool,.. most people underestimate it
(10 June 2013, 22:56)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Moral is a very strong survival tool,.. most people underestimate it

eerrr - did you actually mean 'moral' or 'morale' as in 'espirit de corps'?

They are totally different although IMHO, the former is also important!
(11 June 2013, 07:00)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 June 2013, 22:56)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Moral is a very strong survival tool,.. most people underestimate it

eerrr - did you actually mean 'moral' or 'morale' as in 'espirit de corps'?

They are totally different although IMHO, the former is also important!

Arrrh the latter,.. but also add the former..Smile
I can't answer this as i really have no idea.Possibly years.More likely it could be a few days/weeks. The right mindset and luck play such a huge role.Though i believe my mental strength is up to it.I couldn't swear to that as it hasn't happened (yet).Honestly i don't know,people who have spent time living rough on the streets could answer that better than i could.
I've had it pretty cushy all things considered. I've never had to test myself in that scenario,nor have i had to survive homeless on the streets in the dead of a north east winter like some people have.Erm i dunnoConfused
I have no intention of leaving my home. Why would I leave everything that is going to help me and mine survive? A productive garden, warm home, food stores and loads of available water. My alternative transport is just behind the hedge (horses). No-one is going to have my stuff - I'll defend it to the end if I have to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4