Survival UK Forums

Full Version: uk bug out, how long would you last ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(13 June 2013, 21:11)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]I have no intention of leaving my home. Why would I leave everything that is going to help me and mine survive? A productive garden, warm home, food stores and loads of available water. My alternative transport is just behind the hedge (horses). No-one is going to have my stuff - I'll defend it to the end if I have to.

because you may have to,no one knows what's going to happen.We try and prepare for as many eventualities as we can.We don't know what we'll do though,or how we will cope as we haven't had to go through it.
I can say I've got guns and i'm armed (which i am),it doesn't mean that automatically turns me into someone who feels secure enough to say " i will defend what is mine no matter what".

No disrespect to any poster,but it's very easy to say i'll go down fighting to protect what's mine and so on.Now i never get grief in normal life,i'm five ten with a good solid 14 stone and i'm not fat, and i'm heavily tattooed.In normal everyday life i'm far from being targeted as a likely victim as most people looking for trouble just wouldn't target me.
In a shtf scenario when survival becomes paramount,in all honesty i just don't know.I haven't had to go through it,saying i will do whatever's necessary doesn't mean that i could.I just don't know with any certainty until it happens. And looking as rough as a badgers arse is great in normal society for avoiding trouble.If things turn to shit then i don't think that would be enough.I like to think i'm capable to survive,but honestly i just don't know for sure.Do any of us?.
I'm not trying to put other people's prepping down,in a pub in a bust up i'm comfortable.I'n a true survival situation at least for me i can't say as i haven't had to go through it.I like to think i'll be able to protect what's mine,but without going through it it's all internet bluster and bravado. i'm not here for that,i'm here to learn as much as i can ,as best i can.As to what i'll do when it happens,i'll ley you all knowExclamation
I'm quite surprised at how short a period of time people seem to think they would survive.

Now of course there are a lot of variables to take into account but even then as long as you have water and warmth you should be able to make it for around 3 weeks....
I'm planning to live years and the family much longer.

Even without my preps I have plans for that.
I WILL survive(for as long as I want) as I just cannot imagine any other alternative!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4