Survival UK Forums

Full Version: panic buy it all now or wait?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For water,.... depending on what sort of property you are in, things like large IBC 1000 liter water containers,... down to water butts from the garden center,...or `waterbobs` for the bath
Generally when I buy stuff, it's things that I will still own years from now; my thinking is that I would rather buy this now when I have no debt and can spend a little more on prepping. It's things like tools and books, which is better than money in the bank in some ways.
keep your eyes out for cheap stuff, aldi dry spaghetti in a box of 20x 500g packs thats 10 kg for less than £4 or 19 p a pack .
As has been said. Don't go into debt. It may be recalled before an event.

If you concentrate on the basics you will be surprised how much you can save. Don't forget you have an issue with hangers on so you will never manage to store enough. You need to think outside the box. If you make it to the NW meet we can have a talk.
Its a funny thing - debt.

The worlds economy is built on it.
But it could all go pear shaped and if the banks fail
how are they going to recover their money.

My view is that £100 per month is quite sufficient but if it looks
like it really is going TU, (And you've got to be SURE), then max out the cards ASAP - if it collapses - you win. If it holds together then reschedule the debt.

Just my 2p
The stuff that will keep you alive for the first 3 months is pretty cheap, water filters, pasta, vitamins and other essentials. Long term bits are more expensive, but some might be cheaper after an event. For example, I would like a better tractor and plough but they cost a fortune, so I spent the money on a good stock of diesel. When others have run out of diesel I will get my new tractor very cheaply.
(9 September 2013, 09:41)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]I would like a better tractor and plough but they cost a fortune, so I spent the money on a good stock of diesel. When others have run out of diesel I will get my new tractor very cheaply.

Good plan. I like it. Smile A tin of beans can buy a lot of things from a starving man.
Have you thought about all the old horse drawn ploughs they use for ornaments nowadays, you used to see plenty still used lying about farms and such, and you could use an adapted sit on lawn mower as a tractor for it with a bit of ingenuity...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANTIQUE-VINTAG...2eca395449

[Image: $T2eC16NHJIQFHIipnD(RBSKyglN8hw~~60_35.JPG]

Current bid:
£40.99

Loads more, just type in "vintage ploughs"

Garden Tractor/
[Image: $(KGrHqJ,!qgFI,5)lfBRBSK19Bp(Qw~~60_12.JPG]

Starting bid:
£99.00

Time left:
1 day 4 hours

0 bids
don't think garden "tractors" are much more than a glorified lawnmower, i'd get a small tractor...a grey "Fergie" or similar!
there was a fergie parked for years at a local park, animal farm here...
I always kept meaning to ask them for it if they ever got rid, kept forgetting and missed the opportunity... damn...
Pages: 1 2 3 4