Survival UK Forums

Full Version: panic buy it all now or wait?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(9 September 2013, 15:13)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]there was a fergie parked for years at a local park, animal farm here...
I always kept meaning to ask them for it if they ever got rid, kept forgetting and missed the opportunity... damn...

your in the wrong area my friend, plenty of small (and not so small) tractors in this area, in fact I've got a farm plant depot within walking distance!Tongue
I hate you..........Big GrinBig Grin
(9 September 2013, 15:25)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hate you..........Big GrinBig Grin

well, there were SEVERAL reasons why we moved here!!!Big GrinTongue

we just didn't move blind!
with the price of scrap the way it is anything old rusting in a corner of a field has been weighed in months ago, the farmers around here had no way round it if they dident scrap it sombody did it for them .
(9 September 2013, 16:22)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]with the price of scrap the way it is anything old rusting in a corner of a field has been weighed in months ago, the farmers around here had no way round it if they dident scrap it sombody did it for them .

any old scrap around here their still using it!Big Grin Devon people are TIGHT with their money!!Tongue
Good news/bad news on the original post question. I tend to agree with the "no debt" sentiments. Having said that, if the world goed into massive hyper-inflation as the various governments print "money" out of thin air, you'll be paying back any indebtedness at far less value than you borrowed. That's the good news. The bad news: whatever you don't buy today will be more expensive tomorrow or next week and your income will probably NOT keep up with inflation. I hate to think of prices 2 years from now. My best guess: buy as much as you can as fast as you can without putting yourself into debt too deeply. I know, it's a balancing act on a fine wire. Good luck!
I have a monthly budget for preps(separate from the household budget) and I TRY to stick too it...most months I go over it, sometimes a little bit sometimes a bit more.
Ebay SHOULD be declared. Use a few emails and a few bank accounts couples with a few paypal accounts, and your transactions suddenly become ghosted...for legal reasons I'm not recommending that.

If you get a template, transactions are super easy

What to sell? That's up to you. Old junk in the house is the best place to start. Ebay badly spelt items is also worth checking out. Look for items spelt wrong. They will sell at a lower price then reauction them straight away with the advert spelt right. When your auction ends, get the first seller to send the item straight to the person that won your auction. Result? Free money (pretty much) and you've not touched the product. Pretty cool hu?
I was the same when i really started. You think in your head oh i need this and this and this or i am gonna die during the SHTF. the trick is spacing it out and prioritising add an extra can of whatever you use when you go shopping or look for alternatives. For example when u use onion in a dinner get canned onion instead of fresh if you use chopped toms for pasta get an extra can and look into tasty can heavy meals beany chilli is a good example you need baked,kidney and butter beans you can add dried lentils and canned musrooms all last a long time and are cheap. Old drinks bottles can hold tap water that you can keep in the shed.

Fancy water filters, Overly priced "tacticool" bags and the best knife in the world can wait for birthdays and xmas. If the world ends tomorrow you have a sock and a pan to process water and kitchen knives work in the short term. and you allready have tents and extra blankets from camping so you will be alright
(9 September 2013, 14:53)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]don't think garden "tractors" are much more than a glorified lawnmower, i'd get a small tractor...a grey "Fergie" or similar!
i can vouch for grey fergie 20`s we use one every day too scrape the muck out of the sheds! and its had a hole in its block and hasent held water since the 70`s Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4