Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
9 April 2013, 17:47,
RE: SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
glad im still fit enough to get all this building and gardening stuff done now though.
and as a bonus its getting me a little fitter too.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 April 2013, 17:58,
(9 April 2013, 17:47)Luci_ferson Wrote: glad im still fit enough to get all this building and gardening stuff done now though.
and as a bonus its getting me a little fitter too.
thats the way, we'll be getting the bicycles out soon and going for a ride regularly.
we use them to exercise and will be our BO transport too(if the roads arent an option).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 18:39,
(9 April 2013, 15:12)Highlander Wrote: Two threats are at this moment in time at the front of my mind,...Economic collapse and social unrest because of it,... and possibly a terrorist attack, because if I was a terrorist group I would want to hit when my enemy was at its weakest,...so it would be no surprise to me that both happened at the same time.

I also think that there is a good possibility that it has already started, many of the worlds worse events have taken years to get to the point where, [a] people start to take notice,..and [b] when the event is at its worse.

I am not in any stressed out state because of it, its going to take a bit more time yet, and if a prepper started today from scratch, they would probably be able to accumulate quiet a stockpile before they come to need it.

There is only one way to prep, and thats to gather together a stockpile of the things that you use now, its as simple as that,... if a new prepper thinks `food alone` the chances are that he would find it hard to survive,... so store for,... food, medicine, hygiene, also think about entertainment, life is going to be bad without certain luxury items,..and survival is also state of mind, so have some books, magazines, [ all of which can be bartered for new ones when you have read them ],.. also games especialy for children

....and if you need defense or hunting equipment, then think hard about that

Im with you all the way here HL
19 October 2014, 20:07,
Ok a year has past since this thread.....what are your feelings right now! Has anything changed your view...if so why?,some members look to have moved on but I would still like the views of all on here now.
19 October 2014, 21:20,
Nothing much change up here cept more time doing hands on stuff, and forum time mainly now via E mail groups with just a brief amount left for online forums. Its a bit less stressful and more constructive.

I think prepping is thriving, forums maturing and settling down, risks pretty much the same and folks have the same concerns.

20 October 2014, 08:44,
Thanks NR . Ithink lots of members do the same as you, I spend more time doing my preps in fact even more time now,.....less time on here....because there is less to respond to, the big loss to ALL on here is live debate,the biggest loss is for newbies a bloody shame.
20 October 2014, 11:00,
I do seem to detect one improvement that we have the online forums to thank for, quite a few people have joined forums and managed to team up with or interact with people with a similar approach and set of plans as themselves. Once they meet up with folks of similar intent as themselves they go off and start communicating directly with each other. For the newbies all they have to do is use the search function on many forums to find all the info they need.

20 October 2014, 19:39,
Who, reading this post a year ago, could possibly have imagined the events that have transpired since. ISIS rampaging through the Middle East; ebola in West Africa, fast spiralling out of control; immigration woes throughout the UK; the Scottish referendum and the inevitable fallout; Ukraine and Russia; Le Pen taking the lead in the popular vote in France, and so on and so on. I must say none of this makes me feel particular safe and secure in my own country, but at least I have advanced my knowledge and experience. I feel about as in control of my situation as I have any right to, so I feel. I shall keep hanging on in there, and hope that 2015 brings better things.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
20 October 2014, 19:57,
Think we are in for even bigger shit mary starting bout december if we get to there, I did however take your advice mary ....dark room and glass of wine ....but this had no effect mary....all the things you mention above ae connected I am sorry to say, they are not going away that's for sure ...all that canbe done mary is what your doing right now prepare for IT . everything you feel I feel mary the only thing we can do is what we do now and within our power to get done .....for the second time tonight it is what it is mary.....
21 October 2014, 16:46,
Not much changed here either.

RF oil and gas restrictions on west bound pipelines this winter is our primary area of concern.

Bottled propane stocks topped up, lamp oil stock being increased, chimneys refurbished, stove serviced and sufficient wood stock converted to see us through to spring.

Ebola is a concern but not high on the agenda for us at the moment.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580