Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threat of black outs
10 October 2013, 15:11, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2013, 15:15 by Straight Shooter.)
RE: Threat of black outs
That also very true BP, but they will go fast .....get into the swing now, is the best way forwards, just my opinion.

Get into cutting and more important drying your wood to get the benifit and realizing how long it takes .
10 October 2013, 15:19, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2013, 15:20 by bigpaul.)
(10 October 2013, 15:11)Straight Shooter Wrote: That also very true BP, but they will go fast .....get into the swing now, is the best way forwards, just my opinion.

Get into cutting and more important drying your wood to get the benifit and realizing how long it takes .

I've been lucky so far, all the wood I have found to date is the right size for the log burner-no cutting required.

and more importantly it is also dry and ready for use.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 October 2013, 09:54,
Emergency Power Box - http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=5844
Camping Gas Stove with a load of gas canisters.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
11 October 2013, 15:51,
if their were long term blackouts , i wonder how far people would go to keep warm and cook .
i coould see all the trees in a park , fencing even trees being hit in folks gardens .
just think if the fencing in the countryside went live stock all over the place .
in 20yrs of getting wood iv always got it from skips/factorys , never choped down a tree in my life then you have to stack it for a year....Confused
Survive the jive (youtube )
11 October 2013, 17:36,
(11 October 2013, 15:51)Sunna Wrote: if their were long term blackouts , i wonder how far people would go to keep warm and cook .
i coould see all the trees in a park , fencing even trees being hit in folks gardens .
just think if the fencing in the countryside went live stock all over the place .
in 20yrs of getting wood iv always got it from skips/factorys , never choped down a tree in my life then you have to stack it for a year....Confused

I think a lot of people will go for the easy option, fences, pallets etc, I cant see many being able to chop down and process a fully grown tree.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.