Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I may have to sell my Crossbow Cache
29 June 2012, 10:40,
I may have to sell my Crossbow Cache
Its not looking good for me with reference to the big Petron Sniper Crossbow, my injuries are apparently worse than originally thought, I'm back in hospital for a keyhole camera investagative next tuesday, and they want to CAT scan me. I'm just not getting better and I simply cannot cock the crossbow without doing more damage.

Sooooo if worse comes to worst I'll need to sell the bow as its going to be rather pointless to keep a tool I cant use.

FYI
Its a Petron Sniper rifle crossbow with alloy body and wood furnature
Being a fail safe maniac I have FIVE glass fibre prods 2 x 150 Lb draw and 3 x 95 lb draw. multiple strings and nock ends for the prods, I have 24 bolts as well 12 x 14 inch alloy and 12 x 17 inch alloy bolts

Equally I think my Longbow kit will also have to go, its a three piece bow ( riser and two limbs) about 20 arrows, and all the bits to make it a good setup.

Any seriously interest folks get in touch by PM , It will have to be collect only.
NR ( the cripple)

29 June 2012, 10:50,
RE: I may have to sell my Crossbow Cache
(29 June 2012, 10:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: Its not looking good for me with reference to the big Petron Sniper Crossbow, my injuries are apparently worse than originally thought, I'm back in hospital for a keyhole camera investagative next tuesday, and they want to CAT scan me. I'm just not getting better and I simply cannot cock the crossbow without doing more damage.

Sooooo if worse comes to worst I'll need to sell the bow as its going to be rather pointless to keep a tool I cant use.

FYI
Its a Petron Sniper rifle crossbow with alloy body and wood furnature
Being a fail safe maniac I have FIVE glass fibre prods 2 x 150 Lb draw and 3 x 95 lb draw. multiple strings and nock ends for the prods, I have 24 bolts as well 12 x 14 inch alloy and 12 x 17 inch alloy bolts

Equally I think my Longbow kit will also have to go, its a three piece bow ( riser and two limbs) about 20 arrows, and all the bits to make it a good setup.

Any seriously interest folks get in touch by PM , It will have to be collect only.
NR ( the cripple)
thats a shame, hope they can get to the bottom of the problem and get you sorted finally, you cant carry on the way you are. would maybe be interested in your longbow but i feel i'm not up to that long a journey. get better soon my friendBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 June 2012, 10:54,
Thanks mate, I'm completely buggered still , I cannot ewalk more than a 100 yards and that only if I'm loaded up on painkillers.

GROUP, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE if you have a full power crossbow for gods sake use a cocking aid.

29 June 2012, 10:58,
We found this out at the NW archery meet. From our efforts we suspected that was how you did your back in. Yes the cocking aid - once correctly applied made the job a whole lot more manageable. In fact we could in no way cock the crossbow manually.

What you want is one of those hand cranked affairs. With a rotary winding handle on a ratchet system. The Australian military used one for a bit a few decades back and it was an incredible bit of kit that could be cocked by shuffling a ratchet handle affair from side to side. Interesting design. A cross between an ancient historical ballista and a standard crossbow..Big Grin
29 June 2012, 11:02,
(29 June 2012, 10:54)NorthernRaider Wrote: Thanks mate, I'm completely buggered still , I cannot ewalk more than a 100 yards and that only if I'm loaded up on painkillers.

GROUP, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE if you have a full power crossbow for gods sake use a cocking aid.

yep, i was like that when i originally did my back in, in 1985..was taking out a hedge for my then father in law..didnt notice anything at the time but next morning was in agony, could lie down but couldnt sit down at all and i was like that for weeks, still have problems from time to time and cannot sleep on my back at all...if i did i would be in agony for weeks. this is one of the reasons i went for a traditional bow rather than a crossbow, the other reason is cos i'm old fashioned!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 June 2012, 11:10,
Ooer my reply to TL just vanished ??? Yeah it was cocking the bow unaided that broke my lower back vertibrae, tendons, muscles, ligament, plumbing etc.

I dont think i will be cabable of bending to cock a bow for a long time.

30 June 2012, 04:50,
NR, I shall be looking to making an appointment this week to see my Osteopath as my back has been giving me gyp this last two weeks. I've had trouble on and off for the last 18 years. It doesn't auger well for preppers. However, you happen to be in a worse state than any of us. It is very worrying. If the NHS collapses, in a Survival situation what could we do? I fear, not a lot. I do hope that something can be done for you and very soon. Apart from you, myself and BP, I am sure that there are other oldies on this site, that have problems as well. Kenneth Eames.