Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What do you want from a forum?
17 September 2013, 19:14,
What do you want from a forum?
What are you looking for from a forum?

Recently we've heard mix of views of the forum.

I've had loads of help and growth as a result of the forum. Not only in skillset, but also in meeting people, and much more. Options have become available that I didn't previously know were options. Purchases have been made that I did not know were items useful for prepping.

There are a lot of things I'm looking for, and hoping for.

With the way my preps are developing, I'm looking for people to challenge my ideas, people to group up with, and people to help me develop.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 September 2013, 19:18,
RE: What do you want from a forum?
Pretty much the same,... I might add that these forums help to give new preppers confidence and make them feel less alone,... there will be nothing worse that to have a feeling of dread and not know what to do, when or how to do it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 September 2013, 20:14,
I want to enquire and learn what I don't know.

I want to teach and help with what I do know.

I want to connect with like minded people.

Simples.
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
17 September 2013, 21:03,
(17 September 2013, 20:14)Nix Wrote: I want to enquire and learn what I don't know.

Simples.

Nix , I think you've just created the prepper's prayer!

:-)

Spot on mate!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

17 September 2013, 21:58,
to be able to talk about the news again [prepper related ]

and bring back the jokes page TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
18 September 2013, 06:24,
I want to

Pick up new ideas

Have my crazy ideas and plans challenged and faults in them exposed

To get advice when I am stuck for a solution

To assist others with help and advice on things that I have personal experience.

To build relationships with others who believe that collapse could really happen, and who are seriously making plans for long term survival
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

18 September 2013, 08:25,
I would just like to be able to voice my opinion without being shot down.

and a little less link posting, or a link section that you are unable to reply to?

i know some links NEED discussing, most however, do not and are for reference only.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
18 September 2013, 09:56,
I like this forum just the way it is except:
I'd quite like one that isn't monopolised by less than a handful of dimwits spouting forth the same old tripe again and again! It has already has started to improve by the absence of one! In the absence of banning troubled and troublesome people I'd like a forum that limits the number of posts that all individuals can make per day to say a maximum of three this would finally end the constant hijacking and sliding and the covert bullying that goes on wholesale here ( am I the only one who notices this?)

I would like to post a new thread occasionally that stays live for more than 5 minutes.
I would like to post messages occasionally that stay live for more than 4 minutes.
I would like other people to be able to the same too.
It would be great to hear other people's ideas not just the same dimwits spouting forth.
It would be great to have quality threads including ideas and comments from a diverse range of members stay on track with useful discussion.
Perhaps the dull and dimwitted can start their own site and forum somewhere else so that they can bombard it with tripe and trivia and bully and abuse each other ... oh hang on ... where would be the fun in that?

BoB
18 September 2013, 10:16,
(18 September 2013, 09:56)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: of one! In the absence of I'd like a forum that limits the number of posts that all individuals can make per day to say a maximum of three this would finally end the constant hijacking and sliding and the covert bullying that goes on wholesale here
BoB

I think that this idea would be the death knell of any forum,... if we come on site and see that 10 good threads have been started and we are only allowed to write in answer to three, then most folk would be off to another forum where they are free to post their thoughts,... restricting is the same as censoring
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 September 2013, 10:55,
I'd like a forum where I don't have to spend so much time moderating arguments.

But I agree with NIx. That is what the sites were set up for.

I want to enquire and learn what I don't know.

If you want articles that don't need comment then post them on the main site. Many good posts are going to get lost on the forum because of the very nature of forums.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin