Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
9 April 2013, 15:33,
RE: SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
wish i had a better solution to that problem right now, but i don't.

for now my best defence is to go undetected for long enough to do like a celebrity and get the hell out of here.

other than that its anything that comes to hand.
which is mainly gardening tools.

anyone that's seen ancient chinese weaponry will notice many similarities.
entire wars were fought with them .
and for now its pretty much all ive got that's much use.
an air rifle wouldn't stop me, so i cant see it being much use for anything other than a few rabbits
my next stop shop is a bow, and a Swedish parker.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 April 2013, 15:44,
crossbow or traditional??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 15:46,
im going for a traditional, id like a crossbow, but figure a traditional would be easier to maintain.
im no bow expert.
only fired them a few times, and hurt myself badly twice.
9 April 2013, 15:53,
(9 April 2013, 15:46)Luci_ferson Wrote: im going for a traditional, id like a crossbow, but figure a traditional would be easier to maintain.
im no bow expert.
only fired them a few times, and hurt myself badly twice.

yes, i've gone traditional too, easier to reload and i can use wooden arrows which are far cheaper than any metal ones i've found yet.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 15:55, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 15:56 by Luci_ferson.)
i also figured a traditional bow would be easier to adjust the pull. (im not the strongest of people)
I imagine you need a degree in crossbows to do that.
id hate to miss a target and spend 2 mins trying to pull the crossbow string back.

i was looking into getting a theoban evolution gas ram airgun. but hes now sold it.
9 April 2013, 16:34,
(9 April 2013, 15:55)Luci_ferson Wrote: i also figured a traditional bow would be easier to adjust the pull. (im not the strongest of people)
I imagine you need a degree in crossbows to do that.
id hate to miss a target and spend 2 mins trying to pull the crossbow string back.

i was looking into getting a theoban evolution gas ram airgun. but hes now sold it.

never mind 2 minutes, NR spent 6 months in pain cos he didnt use the right thing to recock his crossbow, makes me glad i didnt go with a crossbow.you can get longbows with different strength of pull just need to get the right one for you.
9 April 2013, 16:38, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 16:40 by Luci_ferson.)
ouch, i remember my injury from a bow, i imagine its a lot worse from a crossbow.
i only got a bruised scraped wrist, and a bit of skin missing off my thumb

and a lot of hurt pride, due to witnesses being teenagers.
9 April 2013, 16:41,
(9 April 2013, 16:38)Luci_ferson Wrote: ouch, i remember my injury from a bow, i imagine its a lot worse from a crossbow.
i only got a bruised scraped wrist, and a bit of skin missing off my thumb

NR put his back out and i think he's still on some serious medication.
9 April 2013, 16:43,
damn, i didn't think itd be that bad.
im definitely not getting one of those.
im clumsy at the best of times.
last thing i need is something like that happening after shtf , id be sitting duck so to speak.
9 April 2013, 16:46,
(9 April 2013, 16:43)Luci_ferson Wrote: damn, i didn't think itd be that bad.
im definitely not getting one of those.
im clumsy at the best of times.
last thing i need is something like that happening after shtf , id be sitting duck so to speak.

yep, and its so easy done too, i injured my back doing gardening(i was self employed back then) in 1985 and it wasnt right for a long time, its alright now, dont have any problems with it these days.