Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gonna attempt another North East RV...
20 May 2013, 22:35,
RE: gonna attempt another North East RV...
I think from the sound of people coming via public transport the best RV pointwill be the coach park car park at the metro centre. It's nearest to the train and bus station and likely to be less packed than the main car parks. Plus we won't get trapped in loads of Shopper traffic trying to get out. I can put a google map location up if anyone coming by car is not familiar with the car par k I am talking about. Those using public transport just need to use the bridge away from the actual metro centre.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
23 May 2013, 18:43,
Just to say that this meeting is still going ahead on sun 9th june...hope everyone that's messaged me can still make it....meet up area to be finalised nearer the day, we will be disscussing our EDCs, BOBs...other bits of prepper kit, caches and food preps among others......time permitting. What I want to say now is that I personally don't wanna discuss the...apparent muslim threats to every man, woman and child from the outer hebrides to lands end. So please leave your soap box at hyde park....likewise I won't bore you with conspiracy and UFO related terror threats to all city dwellers....let's just have a good meeting. ..rain, hail or snow.....that's all I'm wanting. Thanx RW
23 May 2013, 19:23,
(23 May 2013, 18:43)RoadWarrior Wrote: Just to say that this meeting is still going ahead on sun 9th june...hope everyone that's messaged me can still make it....meet up area to be finalised nearer the day, we will be disscussing our EDCs, BOBs...other bits of prepper kit, caches and food preps among others......time permitting. What I want to say now is that I personally don't wanna discuss the...apparent muslim threats to every man, woman and child from the outer hebrides to lands end. So please leave your soap box at hyde park....likewise I won't bore you with conspiracy and UFO related terror threats to all city dwellers....let's just have a good meeting. ..rain, hail or snow.....that's all I'm wanting. Thanx RW

Hear hear. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
23 May 2013, 21:11,
I'm in no way a social animal,but i'm in on this one.It would be nice to meet other like minded people and share a pint or a bit of natter.Any meet up mentioned is fine by me as im close enough to all of them.
23 May 2013, 21:18,
Well I can tell you this Talon, RW is a helluva nice guy and he will be a great host for the day so it will be worth your while.

23 May 2013, 21:23,
Nr said it spot on
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
2 June 2013, 11:34,
The RV is only a week away ! seven people have expressed interest in attending this meet up, hope you all can still come ? if the weathers as good as its been yesterday and today it will be a bonus...! wont be saying the EXACT location in a post, will PM all that are interested soon with the intended area....so everyone can get to it by whatever means....then finalise things next Saturday...times etc...really looking forward to meeting "others"..... Smile
2 June 2013, 15:20,
(2 June 2013, 11:34)RoadWarrior Wrote: The RV is only a week away ! seven people have expressed interest in attending this meet up, hope you all can still come ? if the weathers as good as its been yesterday and today it will be a bonus...! wont be saying the EXACT location in a post, will PM all that are interested soon with the intended area....so everyone can get to it by whatever means....then finalise things next Saturday...times etc...really looking forward to meeting "others"..... Smile

I am still definitely going. Bar total disaster just need those final details. See you next week!
4 June 2013, 22:46,
Can I just say that the people I have PMd ,please ,please let me know by Saturday nite ..IF you really intend on going, I understand plans change ..kids/illness /famine/flood/pestilence/NWO/plane crash/road works/ankle tagging probs/curfews/ the funeral for three doors downs budgie....or some total bullshit like a meteor hitting your back yard or an EMP from your chav neighbours AM..CB BURNER.........afew of you have told me what they are doing, its purely a courtesy thing that's all ......I would do the same for other "Preppers/Survivalists (if were allowed to call ourselves that .! ? ) so get back in touch folks/Dudes/loners/ex-SAS/cub scouts/armchair fantasists/tree huggers./ local militia/lesbian heroin users collective/gay librarians...etc...so on and so forth ...the RW accepts you as you are !....a Prepper !!
5 June 2013, 06:45,
On an additional note to RW I have several seats available in my car if anyone needs a lift from public transport links at the metro centre to the walk. I am happy to return folk to the metro centre on the way back too. If it's any concern I will add that I am fully crb'd Smile