Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
24 June 2013, 08:34,
RE: wild camping anyone?
(23 June 2013, 07:52)Scythe13 Wrote: I think we'll be having a milder first meet, tents are welcome. I'll be bringing at least one for the wife and puppies (not those puppies SD, our whippets).

There has never been anything wrong with having a back-up.

With the location, I'm 80% decided. Need to pop down and check it out...maybe trial run it for a day...or night haha.

Cool i'm 90% there with my kit! Thanks again Scythe13 for sorting this. I'm looking forward to seeing the plan. Smile
27 June 2013, 19:45,
Any updates on the meet ?
27 June 2013, 23:41,
The Falcon is still interested
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
28 June 2013, 00:12,
Scythe,

Are you now taking on the role of our moral guardian? Next you will be wanting to get signed health and safety forms.

A slippery slope and one that you may end up regretting.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 June 2013, 06:30, (This post was last modified: 28 June 2013, 06:33 by Scythe13.)
(28 June 2013, 00:12)Skean Dhude Wrote: Scythe,

Are you now taking on the role of our moral guardian? Next you will be wanting to get signed health and safety forms.

A slippery slope and one that you may end up regretting.

When other people are involved, I am all about safety. But Signed forms.....now there's an idea!!! Haha, I'm kidding.

Me, by myself, I'll happily put my life in danger. But in groups...not so much.

Just to let everyone interested know, we have details. PM MCavity if you're interested.

So far we have about 9 confirmed.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 July 2013, 10:57,
Camping update....

Thanks all for showing interest in the Dartmoor camping event. for those of you that don't already know we have set the weekend 10/11 August.

As it's our first outing we're keeping it simple this time, so if your fitness isn't too good, you'll still be fine.
Scythe13 has offered to show some practical survival/ camping type exercises and if anyone wants to pitch in and show some skills then feel free (time depending).

Everyone I have spoken to via PM will recieve a location and time a week or so before the meet, so if you want to come and have not PM'ed me, then please do.

Thanks - MC
18 July 2013, 12:35,
Okies- PMs sent out. If I have missed anyone let me know Smile
19 July 2013, 10:51,
Gutted I can't make it as I am on a family holiday that weekend....couldn't persuade my OH to change dates!

Have a good one guys, hopefully I can make the next one!
20 July 2013, 07:23,
(19 July 2013, 10:51)Arnie72 Wrote: Gutted I can't make it as I am on a family holiday that weekend....couldn't persuade my OH to change dates!

Aww mate, sorry to hear you have a family holiday haha. No, I'm kidding. Family holidays are cool. It's 1 million times more important to have a family holiday than it is to meet with us. No offence, to anyone on here, but family ALWAYS comes first. People can become a part of the family, e.g. SD has become like an uncle you meet up with a few times a year.

Family holidays are cool. Enjoy yourself mate, and we'll catch you again, next time.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 July 2013, 17:53,
(19 July 2013, 10:51)Arnie72 Wrote: Gutted I can't make it as I am on a family holiday that weekend....couldn't persuade my OH to change dates!

NP mate. hopefully this will be the first of many Smile